Manager, Social Marketing
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Act as the “steward” for assigned shows on social platforms.Strategically cultivate each show throughout its lifecycle, from pre-premiere, launch, in-season, and hiatus phases.Develop innovative, buzzy tentpole activations.Innovate new and creative ways to use social platforms and digital content to tell stories and interact with the audience.Collaborate with talent and their representatives, producers and writers, NBC Publicity and other stakeholders.Commission video and designed collateral with internal and external teams.Build, listen to, and nurture each show’s audience.Partner with the Media department to execute advertising campaigns.Apply data to guide decision-making, editorial decisions, and audience habits, as well as inform key stakeholders. Deep understanding of the multiplatform landscape, digital trends, and the evolving functionality and behaviors on social platforms.
The Manager, Social Marketing NBC Entertainment Digital will be the steward for assigned shows across social and digital platforms. This person will design and implement each show’s multiplatform strategy, manage agencies as they maintain social accounts, oversee the show’s daily digital activations, and commission entertaining, shareable content and social experiences.
• 3 + years experience working in social or digital media, creating entertainment-based content and experiences
• A demonstrable passion for social media
• Bachelor’s degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Passion for social media, online communities, digital content, and television.
• Keen eye for digital content formats and awareness of pop culture and social media trends.
• Expert written and verbal communicator. Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate strategies and creative concepts with senior team members.
• Able to work effectively and proactively with creative individuals, show production staff, technology experts, sales executives, and other diverse stakeholders.
• Thrive in the fast paced TV and social environments; manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time while maintaining the highest quality; self-starter with an attention to detail.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.