Digital Content Producer
- Full Time
WTTW/Chicago PBS is looking for a Digital Content Producer to join our team and produce content for WTTW’s website and other digital and social applications.
- Generate and pitch ideas for original content for WTTW’s digital and social platforms.
- Produce content for multimedia feature coverage and microsites, taking projects from concept through research and development, pre-production, production, post-production, delivery, evaluation, and final report.
- Develop and create content packages that include, but are not limited to quizzes, photo sets, crowdsourcing projects, and audio/video components.
- Write and edit daily online stories and content; write effective headlines, teasers, and other display copy.
- Identify and edit photos; create or select video and other multimedia elements.
- Research and fact check all content.
- Acquire, document and track rights, permissions, and clearances for all content.
- Produce content for WTTW’s social media accounts leading to increase in followers, engagement, and site referrals; monitor trending social and search topics and ensure content is optimized and relevant.
- Develop and distribute content to third-party partners and platforms including Flipboard, Google, and Apple News.
- Optimize content for SEO (keywords, title optimization, thumbnail selection, etc.).
- Gather, analyze, and report on metrics of content produced and utilize analytics to devise and communicate content strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; strong communication skills
- Ability to work nimbly under deadline pressure in a collaborative environment
- Strong content creation and production experience (text, images, digital and visual elements, video, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working on a web publication, using a content management system, image editing with Photoshop, video editing, and familiarity with a variety of web applications; ability to adapt to changes in equipment, software, and workflow
- Demonstrated professional social media experience
- Basic knowledge of HTML and open source content management systems
- Proven collaborator and communicator with technical and non-technical people
- Expert problem solver and multi-tasker responsive to daily, weekly, and ongoing deadlines
- Flexible and positive approach to work
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s in Journalism a plus.