- Full Time
- Anchoring/Reporting – 60%
- Assist in writing, pre-production and broadcast preparation; making certain stories are clear/accurate and represent the station’s benchmark goals
- Deliver news copy on camera in a credible and professional manner, as scheduled or needed
- Use creativity and imagination, and exercise independent professional judgment in investigating, reporting, interviewing, writing, editing and delivering news stories and assigned events
- Maintain a well-groomed, professional appearance
- Communicate with digital staff on story updates and provide “process scripts.”
- Contribute daily to all station digital platforms and initiatives, including social media.
- Represent the station in a professional manner on all digital platforms including social media.
- Attend and participate in editorial meetings, as scheduled
- Contribute to story ideas
- Attend scheduled meetings with General Manager, News Director, Operations Manager or other departmental managers/employees relating to job duties.
- Professionally represent station at promotions and community affair events
- Participate in planning of said events
- Actively represent station through participation with outside charitable causes
- Minimum education of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field
- Minimum of 3 years on anchoring experience in a broadcast station
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.