Project Manager, PBS Brand Refresh (Contractor)
- Full Time
Project Manager, PBS Brand Refresh
Team: Multiplatform Marketing & Brand Strategy
Status: Full-Time, Contractor
This position is funded through June 2019, with intention of extension through December 2019.
Note: The individual selected for this role will not be directly employed by PBS. The incumbent will be hired by a staffing firm as a contractor under the instruction of and complete work directly for PBS.
PBS seeks an experienced freelance Project Manager to help coordinate a broad and multifaceted brand refresh implementation. This role is part of a small, entrepreneurial brand strategy team that interacts across multiple constituencies and partners to evangelize, educate, evaluate and enforce brand guidelines compliance.
This role will engage with internal and external teams to develop a unified master project plan which documents and tracks goals, deliverables and responsibilities across functional areas. The PM will also help conduct a systemwide audit of individual station branding to help inform transition planning across markets.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a critical hub for the Brand Refresh project, including involvement with strategy and creative across on-air, digital, print, and product implementation.
- Use proven project management techniques to support the efficient management of the project through all stages including scoping, framing, budgeting, planning, monitoring, and reporting.
- Track multiple work streams from internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Participate in a range of cross-functional meetings; capturing and documenting next steps and assigning owners and dates.
- Serve as a clearinghouse for ad hoc inquiries from stakeholders, connecting incoming questions with the appropriate respondents
- Help the brand team capture key questions and issues, and track them to resolution.
- Partner with station relations colleagues to coordinate outreach to local markets.
- Work closely with the Brand Strategy team on developing and deploying systemwide brand training through distance learning and in-person sessions.
- Support implementation of new tool kits, style guides and policies.
Requirements for success:
- 5 or more years project management
- Experience working in a media environment preferred
- Formal project management certification preferred (PMP)
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional project management
- Ability to grasp high-level branding and positioning concepts and translate them into actionable strategies and tactics
- Diplomacy and responsiveness working with stakeholders and PBS member stations
- Exceptional written communication, interpersonal and public presentation skills
- Ability to act independently and confidently; ability to be flexible with evolving priorities
- Highly organized with ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Experience in training, influencing, and change management a plus
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities