Analyst, Communications and Public Relations
- Full Time
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a rapidly growing, dynamic global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune Magazine and one of America’s best employers by Forbes. As the Communications and Public Relations Analyst, you will provide high-quality news research and executive summaries on meaningful events to aid in the growth of the organization. To be successful in this role, you'll have an insatiable appetite for following current events, extraordinary writing skills and a personal conviction to stay in the know. You'll also have the endurance, dedication and flexibility to monitor global events and provide impactful research to senior leadership. Put your exceptional skills to work for us and we’ll give you the tools, resources and support to build a career you're not only proud of, but one you'll love.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Distill timely and accurate research briefings on various topics of interest for the senior leaders of the Communications and Public Relations team
- Research and investigate industry trends, impactful news events and trade publications for relevant insights
- Integrate information from multiple traditional and social media sources to develop actionable intelligence and recommendations
- Continuously improve research and analytical capability by discovering new outlets, channels and tools for news and current events
- Compile lists of influential reporters from major media outlets and related industry publications for engagement with the PR team
- Regularly generate new ideas for traditional and non-traditional ways to gain positive publicity for XPO; seek out reporters, publications or channels we haven’t previously used
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations or a related field
- Strong familiarity with major news outlets as well as exposure to niche media and publications of interest
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Muck Rack and GlobeNewswire
- Exceptional written communication skills with the demonstrated ability to write concise and accurate summaries
It’d be great if you also have:
- Professional experience or an internship working in the public relations field, either in-house or with an agency
- Highly organized work style with an extraordinary ability to multitask; strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to maintain strict confidentiality with company materials and information
- Excellent research, investigative and analytical skills
- Excitement to grow into a media-facing public relations role
- An "always-on" approach to work and your availability
- A "no job is too big or too small" attitude
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oreal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.