VP of Product Strategy
- Full Time
Are you a proven leader
who thrives in a dynamic environment creating innovative digital solutions for
marketers? We are looking for a passionate, product expert to drive our OTT
strategy, product, and platform forward. He/she must be client focused with the
ability to stay ahead of the curve and build towards emerging and unique
technologies and capabilities.
- Promote Gamut’s brand position, proposition, business USP and reputation both internally and externally
- Anticipate and research the needs of OTT advertising industry and develop a product roadmap for all current and future capabilities across OTT, data, strategy, creative, technology/vendor partners, digital media formats, platform and technology builds, reporting, systems etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to drive and deliver go-to-market plans. Roll out successful product launches to customers, partners, and employees.
- Own and lead the full product lifecycle – from ideation, requirements gathering, to delivery, and end of life – collaborating w/ various teams including sales, development team, insights, analytics, planning, ad ops, finance etc.
- Work with senior executives, build consensus within and across organizations, and effectively manage and prioritize competing needs
- Write and edit materials for communicating with media, employees, partners, and other key audiences. Create support materials for speaking engagement by company executives.
- Stay abreast emerging topics on OTT marketplace through industry trades and connections, including working with partners, clients, and personal network to gather intel.
- Understand pain points and needs for TV advertisers extending in OTT and come up with solutions, capabilities, training/educational guide etc.
- Manage the product team along with technical solutions managers
- 10+ years of experience in a product
management role in the online advertising space
- 5+ years of people management experience. Must
have managed a team of at least 2 employees
- 4 year degree required, MBA and/or technical
- Has taken active role in the definition (or
re-definition) of an organization’s business model
- Has a track record of delivering successful
projects and/or products and seeing them through its execution
- Involvement in industry related organizations
- Must reside in the New York City metro area
- Strong knowledge of our competitive landscape with
ability to spot new trends quickly especially in OTT
- Good knowledge of the needs of advertisers and
publishers in digital advertising space with focus on OTT
- Ability to drive an organization’s roadmap and
define its product offering
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert for
the organization’s product
- Ability to work with leaders of the
organization to define and become the voice of the product strategy
- Ability to quickly build consensus while
managing competing needs and conflicts
- Sufficient understanding of major technologies
to participate in fairly technical discussions
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and
priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented, data driven and highly
- Passionate about the advertising industry and
- Strong communicator
- Product minded (constantly thinking of
innovation and improvements from users’ perspective)
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers, and digital sites. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country’s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. The company also offers a full suite of local and regional advertising services through its Local Solutions and Ideabar businesses. CMG currently operates in more than 20 media markets and reaches approximately 52 million Americans weekly across all platforms. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.