Designer/Art Director (Motion & Animation Savvy)
- Full Time
Purple Strategies is a boutique strategy firm that integrates insights, strategy and politically-inspired campaign activation to help leverage or reduce pressure on a business, brand or issue. We help build and defend reputation and brand value and serve Fortune 500 companies, associations, non-profits and some of the most recognizable brands in the world.
Purple’s creative team is seeking an agile, highly-motivated Designer/Art Director with motion and animation skills to join us at an exciting, growth-oriented time for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for a conceptual thinker with modern aesthetic sensibilities who is interested in supporting high-profile clients and building incredible content. Purple is an “all green lights” environment where we don’t say no to client challenges; we figure out great, smart solutions to them. And our creative gurus are no different – they have a variety of hot deadlines and are a solutions-oriented group of self-starters who love to wow and delight clients.
The Designer/Art Director will be located at our Headquarters in Alexandria, VA and operates at a Manager level within Purple.
- Collaborate with strategic and creative leads on quick turn, but high-level work related to client brand strengthening, reputational challenges and/or stakeholder advocacy campaigns.
- Responsible for shaping the campaign concept and execute it across a number of mediums — digital assets, including display, social assets, including gifs, short videos, statics and more.
- Closely coordinate with content strategy, project manager, channel partners and campaign team to make sure all publication deadlines are met.
- Play a leadership role in implementing the design look/feel of campaigns and project deliverables from both the ground up and within existing structures.
- Create, update, refresh and resize assets, as needed.
What We're Looking For:
- 4-8 years’ industry experience, preferably within an agency environment, with a strong focus on motion and/or animation design required. Bachelor’s degree or design/portfolio school equivalent preferred.
- Desire to work on diverse and challenging client deliverables, to include projects for a Fortune 10 energy company whose focus is on building content-heavy, global advocacy campaigns.
- Experience designing and producing a variety of gifs, illustrations and short videos a must.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, organized and accountable.
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, including the ability to clearly articulate creative concepts and develop compelling narratives.
- Must be fluent with Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate. Other motion software, such as Final Cut, Moho, Houdini and Maya, a plus. 3D graphic capabilities also highly desired.
- Experience developing partnerships and working collaboratively with remote stakeholders to achieve outstanding creative results for clients.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time for client work in order to build trust, establish rapport and execute on deliverables.