Location: Detroit, Michigan
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
NBC News Digital is hiring experienced reporters to do enterprise and investigative reporting around the U.S. These reporters, who will be based in cities around the country, will break news and write medium- and long-term news stories on a variety of topics, including but not limited to education, policing, environment, the courts, health and economic issues, the military, local and regional politics, and disaster response. Reporters may be assigned to beats or may be general assignment. Some of this work may be long-term investigative projects; some may involve a more immediate response to news events.
• At least 10 years of experience at a major newspaper, website or magazine.
• A proven track record of breaking big news stories that received national attention or award recognition.
• Multiple examples of well-written and deeply reported enterprise stories on a variety of topics.
• Experience covering a beat, and if necessary, covering breaking news.
• Deep familiarity with a major U.S. city where NBC News Digital does not have a bureau (not New York, Washington, D.C., or California), and a willingness to live there. The job will not be based in any of our existing bureaus.
• Willingness to travel frequently.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.