Springer Nature is one of the world’s leading global research, educational and professional publishers. It is home to an array of respected and trusted brands and imprints, with more than 170 years of combined history behind them, providing quality content through a range of innovative products and services. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals and resources reach millions of people, helping researchers and scientists to discover, students to learn and professionals to achieve their goals and ambitions. The company has almost 13,000 staff in over 50 countries.
Marketing Manager, Marketing Effectiveness & Efficiency
London, Beijing, Heidelberg or New York
The Central Marketing Effectiveness & Operations team here at Springer Nature are currently seeking a Marketing Manager to act as a catalyst, by connecting ideas and ways of working in different teams, driving greater effectiveness through structured analysis, and by taking a clear eyed view of the way that different teams work in order to help Research Marketing be more efficient.
This is an exciting and varied role, which will be a mix of hands on marketing work and strategic project work to help our diverse, global team work more effectively and more efficiently.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify & deliver on scalable solutions to efficiency blockers within the greater team;
- Develop and hone in on advanced segmentation methods for social and email marketing by becoming an expert in external data sources and using these to identify and target the right research communities.
- Lead testing programs through design & follow through to extrapolate results based on hard and soft data in order to determine best practices for key digital areas. Work with marketers across the organization to track and identify successful tests being conducted across the organization.
- Work with the marketing & events teams to design & test events marketing strategies around our annual programme of several hundred conferences. Identify best practices for marketing before during and after the conference to maximise impact and return on investment.
- Work together with supporting groups (eg. PPG) to translate best practices into efficient working solutions for the global marketing team
- Be hands on with marketing campaign development & execution via a multichannel approach, evaluation & analysis
- Experience working with a CMS (CoreMedia advantageous)
- Experience working with automated email clients (SAP Hybris, or similar)
- Experience working with Facebook, Twitter Ad Managers and Google Ads Manager
- Experience working with Google Analytics incl. Goal Tracking
- Demonstrable effectiveness at internal stakeholder management, building effective working relationships in a matrix, international environment.
- Ability to motivate in order to garner results through influence leadership
- Development of processes and activity to meet changing business need
- Strong Project Management Skills
- Strong data analysis & presentation skills
To apply please upload a copy of your CV and covering letter, stating your salary expectations.
At Springer Nature we value and celebrate the diversity of our people. We recognise the many benefits of a diverse workforce and strive for an inclusive workplace that empowers all our colleagues to thrive. Our search for the best talent fully encompasses and embraces these values and principles.
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at www.springernature.com/editorial-and-publishing-jobs for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.