Senior Editor at Eat This, Not That!
- Full Time
Eat This, Not That! is the world’s number-one guide to healthy eating, amazing recipes, celebrity diets, and the buzziest, most up-to-the-minute food news. We have 6 million monthly users, and more than 2 billion pageviews generated across syndication partners in the last 12 months. We're looking for a talented and energetic senior editor to join our fast-growing team and produce smart, timely, and compelling stories on a daily basis.
This person would be largely focused on expanding our food and cooking content coverage, especially stories that are highly shareable and clickable, while still being good for SEO. Topics would include things like food trivia, food facts, cooking tips/hacks, writeups on ingredients, trendy new foods, restaurant roundups, and e-commerce posts, among others.
He or she will be responsible for assigning and editing several stories per day, while helping to manage and grow a freelancer network of food- and cooking-centered writers. The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and cooking and several years working in the digital lifestyle space. Ultimately, he or she will be a relentless, ideas-driven self-starter who can confidently write and edit quickly with style and flourish.
Join us in our offices at 85 Broad in the heart of FiDi, with views of the river, a cafeteria, and a high-class gym downstairs!
- Assigning and editing food- and cooking-based stories from freelancers
- Pitching catchy, click-worthy food and cooking ideas for our site and to our largest content partner on a weekly and a monthly basis
- Publishing the stories you assign and edit, making sure they're all fact-checked, edited, accurate, and have sources, plus optimized for SEO best practices
- Building up our freelancer network with a mix of writers who can cover food trivia, food facts, cooking tips/hacks, and other highly shareable, clickable, informative food content
- Working with the other senior editors to ensure all daily posts go live, and working to map out a well-balanced daily lineup
- A passion for food and service journalism
- Minimum of 3 years working for an editorial website, with a focus on editing, writing, and daily programming across various platforms
- Strong writing, editing, and photo research skills
- Experience publishing in a CMS and working with images
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
Owned and operated by Galvanized Brands, EatThis.com—with its shocking food swaps, stunning visuals, and proven "no-diet" weight-loss strategies—is now the world’s #1 nutrition website. It helps you make the right food choice every time, with content devoted to healthy eating, restaurant menu survival, supermarket shopping guides, and more.
Galvanized, the award-winning media company based in New York and staffed with industry professionals, works with NBC News, Meredith, Hearst, Bonnier, American Media, and Simon and Schuster to define the new era of healthy living via life-changing content.