Political Research Associate
- Full Time
City & State is a political magazine and daily e-newsletter with several policy and celebratory events. The events team is looking for someone who bridges the editorial team to the event content and agenda. This person will conduct intensive research and potentially reach out to senior leaders from a cross section of companies to determine each event's content and theme; select high level speakers; copy write the event agenda. The role will also cover the planning and execution of comprehensive lead generation marketing campaigns using a full range of direct and digital marketing channels to support sponsorship revenue growth targets on our events. The successful candidate will join a fast-paced, commercial environment within an organization that is committed to the development of its people.
- Conduct research to develop ideas and identify speakers and topics for event agendas
- Constantly search for new conference topics through market research and networking.
- Conducts research to uncover innovative topics and speakers for events
- Think innovatively to develop, implement and create content strategies and produce different types of content.
- Delve deep into the subject matter to understand the knowledge requirements and interests of the audience
- Build and maintain key relationships with internal (conference producers, sales team, marketing) and external (speakers, sponsors, media partners, bloggers, industry influencers & experts) to produce in-depth and engaging content.
- Create and implement content schedules and regularly introduce new ideas for content formats
- Research celebratory and power lists for additional affiliations and associations to pass on to sales team
- Research ideas for media partnerships and Influencer marketing outreach and onboarding to increase brand awareness and revenue
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Existing knowledge of topical areas, e.g., politics, policy, advocacy, business in New York
- 2-5 years experience working in events, editorial and/or research
- Passion for the industry
- Strong sense of personal ownership of responsibilities in a results-oriented environment
- Ability to multitask and the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Attention to detail while handling multiple priorities with excellent time management skills
- Excellent networking and information gathering abilities;
- Deadline and results oriented;
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team;
Apply for Political Research Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly