Reporter, Higher Education
- Full Time
What can you bring to the table:
- A proven track record of reporting, writing and editing on the business of higher education
- Strong aptitude for interpreting and analyzing national and state-level education policy trends and analyzing data for higher education leaders
- Tuned-in instincts for selecting stories about the higher education business model
- Expertise writing newsletter headlines
- Experience building an editorial product that resonates with a niche B2B audience
- An interest in issues that impact a national audience of higher ed leaders, including but not limited to the changing business model, implementation of education technology, online learning trends and for-profit education
- Comfort with social media and the ability to build an audience on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn to enhance the scope and reach of our work
- Deadline-oriented time-management skills
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, English or similar field
- Experience level: 5+ years at a minimum with at least 2 years of higher education coverage
Industry Dive is an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQIA individuals, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
If you feel comfortable doing so please feel free to note which pronouns you use in your application (for example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, ze/zir/zirs, etc.)
About Industry Dive
Industry Dive was founded in 2012 to provide business leaders with the information they need to move industries forward. Since then, we have become one of the business world's fastest-growing providers of journalism, providing news and exclusive insights to 7+ million decision-makers in 16 different markets. Our team of reporters, editors, designers, and marketers help inform and connect the most competitive industries. Our insights spark innovation, fuel growth and shape agendas in every industry we cover.
Our office is a place where you work hard on clear monthly goals, have your voice heard, and shape the future of a growing media business. Located in the heart of Washington DC, our workspace boasts a lot of perks – whiteboard walls, treadmill desks, and a dedicated quiet room.
Industry Dive was selected as a "Best Place to Work" by the Washington Post in 2017 and 2018 and by the Washington Business Journal in 2015, 2016 and 2017.