- Full Time
HarperOne, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, seeks a Marketing Manager to specialize in implementing digital marketing initiatives, running online campaigns, assessing metrics, and serving as an internal specialist for all aspects of digital marketing. Candidate must be forward-thinking, nimble, and able to do participate in all aspects of a book’s life—from analyzing platforms for acquisition purposes, to building author platforms, and developing and executing campaigns for authors, books, and various other initiatives.
HarperOne publishes books for the world we want to live in—our core categories include religion, spirituality, science and technology, health and healing, personal growth, the environment, and social change.
- Oversee elements of paid online marketing activities for a variety of books and campaigns.
- Contribute to seasonal campaign strategy and planning.
- Communicate directly with marketers as well as publicists editors, authors, agents, talent managers and cross-promotional partners about campaigns.
- Increase HarperOne’s online presence through various social media initiatives and direct to consumer email lists.
- Analyze consumer insights and other data for acquisition discussions.
- Optimize campaigns based on consumer insights, analytics, and feedback from team.
- Create copy for web, email, social, campaigns as needed.
- Contribute to creative briefs for online assets.
- Serve as SEO and metadata expert for marketing team.
- As needed, develop email acquisition strategy for both authors and internal initiatives.
- Provide campaign reporting & analysis.
- Collaborate with outside agencies for some ad placements and media buys.
- Advise and train the team as needed on digital advertising and marketing tools .
- Participate in a collaborative culture that focuses on sharing best practices.
- Manage social media community for brands and all levels of authors.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest tools, trends, best practices, outlets, and opportunities in the digital advertising and promotion space.
- Oversee the author/brand websites and email newsletters that HarperOne owns and operates, including attending to updates, adjustments, and redesigns as needed.
- Must possess college degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have at least 3-4 years of consumer marketing experience in digital advertising and/or marketing
- Experience using social media (such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) as a marketing and sales tool
- Strong experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google, and YouTube advertising platforms
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical skills in interpreting advertising, email, and sales data
- Eagerness to learn new technologies
- Organizational skills, collaborative nature, willingness to speak in front of and communicate with large groups of colleagues
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an Equal Opportunity Employer.