Senior Vice President - Marketing
- Full Time
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: Will be leading the effort to create, manage and implement the organization's marketing strategy, including brand management. This SVP is also responsible for developing a vision for and implementing marketing activities across all channels that support our vision and mission.
The SVP of Marketing will lead all aspects of plan development, coordination of business unit contributions and maximizing integration for optimal results. Key objectives include creating awareness and buzz for projects that drive growth and investment across sectors and boroughs, focusing on strategic growth industries such as tech, life sciences and fashion; bolstering the City's image as a global hub for inclusive innovation and overall business competitiveness; protecting, enhancing, repositioning the organization's brand; effectively managing partnerships and increased market penetration.
Focus will be on cutting edge technology and innovative strategy to actively engage a wide variety of stakeholders, from community boards, elected officials and small businesses to chambers of commerce, real estate developers, industry leaders, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the strategy, development and execution of all NYCEDC marketing programs and ensure they reflect NYC's strategic positioning in the marketplace, are reflective of the values and imperatives of the Administration and are designed to help grow and attract large and/or growing companies in key industries.
- Develop and manage NYCEDC initiatives in branding, advertising, promotion, sponsorship, special events, conferences, collateral, website and other means as appropriate.
- Develop, socialize and execute comprehensive and cohesive owned-content strategy across mediums and channels, with a strong focus on digital and social media, to promote major NYCEDC projects and priorities and articulate the organization's evolution as a stronger, more transparent, more inclusive partner with communities across the five boroughs.
- Leverage both internal and external resources. Establish an organizational structure to utilize internal capabilities and outsource as needed. Manage outsourcing contracts to effectively deliver desired results within the budget.
- Collaborate with and assist City Hall and other City agencies as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain corporate identity and brand architecture standards for NYCEDC and its sub-brands/individual program brands.
- Work with management to improve internal communications and oversee content and usability of major internal resources.
- Build, manage and mentor a diverse staff that includes in-house creative, editorial, video, photography, interactive and marketing professionals.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree, Master's or advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of tenured experience in strategic marketing management.
- A track record of innovation and success in B2B, digital marketing and content, publishing, creative, editorial, advertising, promotions and/or sales, ideally in a relevant industry segment.
- Experience in leveraging emerging trends/technology, crafting effective digital strategies and architecting an engaging user experience online and within social media platforms.
- Proven success in execution of company vision across multi-platforms and channels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with emphasis on effective presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to create innovative strategies, partnerships and programs beyond existing models.
- Proven ability to formulate and execute results utilizing strong analytical, critical decision-making and strategic planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presence and ability to effectively build strong productive relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead, engage and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures and backgrounds to achieve shared goals, in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in staff motivation, supervision, coaching and team building.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex marketing and management problems.
- Ability to respond effectively to a dynamic marketplace and quickly changing priorities and/or responsibilities.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city's competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pvy3tsfjz3dqtk3f