Social Media Manager
- Full Time
If you are looking for a traditional conservative corporate position, please skip this opportunity. We are seeking vibrant, creative and edgy individuals to push creative boundaries while working for an emerging lifestyle brand that incorporates pop culture, provocative liberal arts and creative media. We are a progressive forward thinking company focused on female empowerment!
We offer an exceptional compensation package consisting of a base salary of $40-60K, BCBS Platinum Healthcare, Vision and Dental along with a 401K plan with corporate matching and PTO.
Gatsby Enterprises, Inc. is presently seeking a forward thinking, success proven Social Media Specialist to join our rapidly expanding company of passionate and creative teammates. We are looking for a self-motivated, highly dedicated individual who can enhance our brand by developing and administering engaging social media content to our users.
As our Social Media Specialist, we will expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. Your primary responsibilities will include updating our social media pages, creating original text and video content, managing posts, responding to followers and tracking user engagement. To succeed in this role, you will possess exceptional web content writing skills and be versed in advertising on multiple social networks.
You will be a wordsmith with exceptional spelling and grammar skills and have experience writing press releases and other forms of copy and be able to express our company’s views creatively. Ultimately, you will ensure we maintain a strong online presence ensuring high levels of web traffic and customer engagement consistent with our marketing goals and brand values.
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) for various social networks, including Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat and Reddit
- Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviors
- Maintaining a cohesive and attractive aesthetic across multiple product lines with complementary images, videos, and text
- Oversee social media accounts' design (profile, bio, layouts) and maintain the brand aesthetic while also keeping it fresh and intriguing
- Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
- Apply advertising techniques to boost brand awareness, like promotions, competitions and giveaways
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop social media campaigns that help to achieve corporate marketing goals
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, recruiting and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Track and report on social media insights (traffic, engagement, shares, conversion rates)
- BS in Marketing, Communications or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience in social media management
- English minor/major a plus
- Experience with social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Experience managing multiple product lines within 1 brand cohesively
- Proven work experience as a social media manager with hands on experience in content management and blogging (experience with WordPress and content management systems is preferred)
- Excellent copywriting and press release writing skills
- Ability to deliver creative content via multiple mediums (text, image and video)