Digital Marketing Specialist
- Full Time
Founded in 1887, Pratt Institute is a global leader in higher education dedicated to preparing its 4,600 undergraduate and graduate students for successful careers in art, design, architecture, information studies, and liberal arts and sciences. Located in the cultural hub of New York City with historic campuses in Brooklyn and Manhattan, Pratt is a living lab of craft and creativity with esteemed professors and scholars who challenge their talented students to transform their passion into meaningful expression.
We are seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist with proven experience in developing, executing, and tracking multi-channel campaigns in order to raise the visibility of Pratt Institute with key audiences. This position leads marketing meetings across campus with key stakeholders in the administration and academic side. An important component of the role is its collaborative nature, as this person works closely with colleagues across the Communications and Marketing division who are responsible for social media, website, editorial, design, and photography/video.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing paid and nonpaid marketing and digital advertising strategies that showcase the Pratt Institute story; the academic experience taking place in the studios and classrooms; student life; faculty achievements; fundraising initiatives; and the contributions of outstanding alumni in their field. The role requires someone who is able to incorporate digital marketing into a broader, comprehensive marketing/communications plan.
With the goal of building brand awareness and driving engagement, this person leverages high-quality content and reports on metrics.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Content Development, the position requires someone who is organized, flexible, and a team player. The ideal candidate is a seasoned media specialist who knows how to tell compelling stories, can maximize the reach and performance of content across platforms, and is confident in presenting marketing plans and reporting in person to large groups.
Experience within higher education/non-profit is a plus, but not a requirement.
Cover letter and salary range are required.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies that raise awareness of the Institute by leveraging content created by Communications and Marketing and maximizing the reach of the Institute's platforms with key audiences
- Work with the Communication and Marketing team and clients across the Institute to develop strategies for external promotion, write ad copy when needed, and reserve ad space with various media outlets on behalf of clients
- Create compelling and results-oriented campaigns that leverage multiple channels: website traffic, advertising, social media, press outreach
- Present campaigns and reports at meetings with senior staff and academic leaders across the institution
- Engage with the administration, academic schools, fundraising and alumni teams, and colleagues within Communications and Marketing to understand needs and relevant topics for content and promotional audiences and goals
- Manage the development and reporting of digital metrics (Google Analytics), setting standards, monitoring and tracking social media and other digital marketing analytics utilizing dashboards to optimize and enhance campaigns, measure progress, and maximize ROI; partner with the Communications and Marketing team to evaluate results of digital campaigns; offer actionable insights based on campaign performance
- Assist campus clients with use of Google Analytics for their own marketing efforts
- Provide input for paid search and SEO strategies and tactics, working with the Social Media Coordinator and Senior Web Content Manager to achieve results
- Conduct and/or manage market research initiatives as needed
- Ensure all digital work is consistent with the established brand guidelines and meets compliance standards
- Ensure best practices are followed in all areas of digital marketing; employ cutting-edge tactics to increase brand awareness among desired audiences
- Uphold Pratt's commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion in communications and marketing efforts.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills as well as “demonstrated ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive data”
- Perform other duties as needed
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Bachelor's degree as well as superior writing, communication, and organizational skills. Excellent verbal and written communication – including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and management
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-4 years of full-time experience in content marketing or digital media marketing within higher education/non-profit
- Proven track record of developing and executing high-impact digital marketing initiatives and multi-channel campaigns
- Experience in media planning, strategy, and placements of both print and digital ads
- Experience in drafting ad copy and sponsored content
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects in busy office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, service orientation, and ability to handle situations with diplomacy and a professional demeanor at all times
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and knowledge of social media management apps/software
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs required; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred. CMS experience and MailChimp experience helpful.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of fine art, design, and/or architecture industries preferred
- Highly self-motivated, highly productive, results-oriented, positive can-do attitude, analytical, team player, detail-oriented, and organized