Senior Producer, MSNBC Digital
Location: New York, New York
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Home to MSNBC Cable online, MSNBC.com is a video destination for MSNBC fans and depth-seeking news consumers focusing on analysis and perspective.
We want you on the team if you are an experienced digital native with experience in news and politics and are looking to bring your combined expertise to be a leader on MSNBC.com.
Job Duties:Supervise daily curation of MSNBC.com, managing story selection, voice, and news prioritiesWork with Digital Producers on ensuring high editorial standards, best practices and innovation, both on a day-to-day and long term Write, produce, copy-edit and publish compelling digital and social content on site and social mediaCreatively package broadcast content for on and off-platform Plan and organize digital coverage around news, events, and sponsorships, working with various broadcast and digital teamsIdentify new ways for MSNBC content to reach audiences, working with audience development Optimize and track content performance using analytics, using data to inform decisionsAssist social media team with coverage when needed
Basic Qualification/ Eligibility Requirements:
• Must have at least 7 years of experience in news, preferably for a digital news platform
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Political Science, History or related field
• Must have proven experience using metrics and social tools to improve news/social media strategy
• Non-linear video editing experience/Premiere and Photoshop experience preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including occasional weekends, under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work in New York City
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Thorough knowledge of American politics
• Background working with/producing broadcast television desired
• Exceptional editorial skills: Ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling content
• Knowledge of current events, politics and pop culture.
• Expertise with digital media trends, platforms and content
• Possess ability to develop story ideas and research
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.