Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Manage multiple projects at various stages of development or production and see them through from concept to finishRemain positive, solution oriented, if original designs are changed or direction is modified by Creative Management, VP of Magic or content producersInspire the team to accomplish the design or production tasks at hand with the highest efficiency possibleA natural ability to lead and collaborate with others Thrive in a dynamic deadline-driven environmentConduct all matters in a professional, confidential, and courteous mannerHave an excellent understanding of the various on-air and digital platforms where our graphics could play, and the unique challenges and opportunities afforded by each (Broadcast, social, mobile, outdoor video, etc) Provide thoughtful, creative solutions for every platform (Broadcast, social, mobile, outdoor video, etc) Explore emergent technologies and methodologies to help produce cutting-edge design executions and department workflow efficienciesMastery of a wide range of video production tools and expert knowledge of post-production processes and workflowsShoot/Talent Director: Ability to conceptualize material in-line with the marketing strategy for a particular show or campaign. Create boards and present ideas to management. Work with shoot production team and have an excellent knowledge of the technical equipment needed for a successful shoot. Be comfortable working with and directing talent. Take command of a set/stage to insure material is gathered as efficiently as possible, and be prepared for instantaneous changes due to talent constraints.
We’re looking for an experienced motion graphics Creative Director who will constantly elevate the unique qualities of the NBC brand, while delivering outstanding results. You will work closely with the VP of Magic to develop promotional graphic packages for all of our shows, branding campaigns for specific genres or blocks of programming and the overarching branding of NBC Entertainment.
You will be someone who inspires a dedicated team of designers, keeping them confident, creative and focused on the work at hand. You understand strategic and business objectives and how to apply that knowledge to motion graphic design. You are eager to work outside the box but flexible enough to know when to work from within and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing demands of broadcast entertainment marketing
Work jointly and communicate effectively with Magic designers and Creative Directors from various departments to conceptualize and design various graphic packages and elements Act as both a hands-on producer and a strategic, conceptual leader on a per project basis
• Bachelor’s Degree in a creative/design field
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working at an entertainment company, world-class design studio, production shop, agency, or an in-house team
• Minimum 2 years of senior-level experience across a range of clients and projects
• Experience with broadcast branding, digital content, visual arts or video production
• A reel/portfolio of commercial work demonstrating an exceptional design and motion aesthetic in both 2D and 3D
• Expert in After Effects, Cinema 4D, Illustrator and Photoshop. Competency in Premiere
• Basic understanding of a diverse range of motion design software, techniques, and approaches
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work some overtime and weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong interest in entertainment and technology
• Generally tech savvy, working knowledge of AR/VR software and production a plus!
• Love of great design and the ability to visually communicate a simple message
• Ability to think on your feet and anticipate issues before they happen
• Detail-oriented with the ability to interface with all levels of NBCUniversal personnel and the creative community as well as all levels of the NBC organization
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.