Social Media Manager for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (part-time)
- Part Time
The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) conducts research and analyses on financial and economic issues related to energy and the environment. The Institute’s mission is to accelerate the transition to a diverse, sustainable and profitable energy economy. www.ieefa.org
We are seeking a creative, flexible part-time Social Media Manager with superlative writing skills and digital expertise to help promote our research findings and analysis with key national and global stakeholders. While helping to build IEEFA’s cross-platform presence, you will improve the quality, frequency and
vibrancy of digital content including visual content.
As the Social Media Manager, you will coordinate the online presence of IEEFA, maintaining its reputation for intellectual rigor and reliability. You will promote IEEFA reports, information products and campaigns; follow and engage with strategic partners and influencers, including news media; and ensure a consistent
look, feel and tone for all social media content.
The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Strategic Communications. The Associate may work remotely but should preferably be based within the New York metropolitan area.
Social Media Strategy
- Identify and execute strategies for growing our social media following with key audiences.
- Identify and execute strategies for deepening engagement across sectors: energy, finance, policy, news media, academia and advocacy.
Social Media Management
- Manage IEEFA’s Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and other relevant platforms.
- Follow influencers and IEEFA followers, and keep IEEFA informed of trends and comments.
- Share best practices with IEEFA staff for improved social media communication and outreach.
- Produce digital content to maximize engagement and viral sharing.
- Leverage up-to-date and innovative best practices, tools and tactics.
- Produce video, memes, images and editorial content for distribution across channels.
- Format charts, graphs and other IEEFA visual products for online and digital accessibility.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to tailor content to platform.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Illustrator or similar design tools.
- Experience promoting nonprofit organizations across social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- 2-4 years managing or producing digital content or social media for non-profits.
- Avid practitioner and follower of evolving best practices and market trends in social media.
- Expert at leveraging social media analytics to improve performance and impact.
- Strong organizational skills, including the capacity to multitask while maintaining attention to accuracy and detail.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Excellent political judgment and savviness.
- Some background in environmental or sustainability issues helpful.
- Video editing skills (beginner to intermediate) helpful.
This position will require 1-3 hours per day, not to exceed 15 hours per week. Hourly rate will be based on experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter and 3 work samples—social media post, campaign, visual product or other examples of digital content via the link provided by COB April 29, 2019. Minorities and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Apply for Social Media Manager for the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (part-time)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly