- Full Time
Charles Rose Architects seeks a marketing coordinator for our Somerville, MA office. We are a nationally respected architecture, interiors, and planning firm that operates as an energetic, closely knit, and friendly team. We work with universities, schools, cultural and government institutions, major corporations, and individuals to design buildings that uplift people and advance sustainability and well-being.
The Marketing Coordinator will work with our principals and staff on aspects of the firm’s marketing, communications, and business development activities to promote our ongoing success with prospective and established clients, and to build greater awareness of our work and people. The Marketing Coordinator also develops and maintains our sales and marketing materials, tools, and systems. This is a full-time position.
- Engage with our staff, clients, subconsultants, and colleagues in an upbeat and professional manner to advance our overall brand, marketing, and business development objectives
- Monitor and encourage the progress of the firm’s and individual team member’s outreach activities
- Research potential and established clients and opportunities to identify and vet new prospects, and contribute to ongoing market research
- Manage and maintain the tracking of firm outreach, marketing, and PR activities, using in-house systems
- Collect and update project-related qualitative and quantitative data and information from our team, to be used for marketing, messaging and business development
- Create a robust calendar of marketing and business development and networking events that furthers the firm’s goals; attend select events as needed
- Assist with the development and/or refinement of tools used for marketing and business development as needed
- Monitor and maintain industry memberships
Proposal and Interview Preparation
- Help vet potential business opportunities as part of our “go/no go” process
- Attend and facilitate proposal and interview preparation meetings with the project team, while working under tight deadlines
- Strategize and manage the development and production of proposals, interview presentations, and other sales materials, including preparing proposal and presentation outlines, production graphics using our brand standards, editing, compiling and updating resumes, project pages, and other materials as necessary
- Document production, including printing, binding, and delivery of final documents
- Maintain inventory of marketing supplies
- Prepare new and updated print and digital marketing materials, such as resumes, project pages, graphics, special marketing pieces, awards entries, and editor packages
- Writing and editing marketing and sales materials
- Maintain and update our marketing files and systems, including resumes, project pages, and other templates.
- Support the rollout and maintenance of brand guidelines
- Assist project teams and internal initiative groups with graphic design and production support as needed
- As appropriate, attend industry events to increase knowledge of current trends in the A/E community
Public Relations and Communications
- Help develop and execute our internal and external communications plan for our website, email mailings, social media, job fairs, awards, and media outlets
- Lead development of written and graphic content
- Support coordination with external vendors, such as photographers
- Participate in project photo shoots and help photograph our office events
- Participate in media outreach industry events as needed
- Support special projects and assignments as needed
Support Our Vision
- Exhibit a can-do approach and enjoy working as part of a team
- Effectively support internal project staff and activities
- Represent our firm and values in a professional manner internally and at external events
- Encourage and support staff participation in our marketing, public relations, and business development efforts
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities:
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 to 4 years of professional experience. A background in marketing, communications, journalism, PR, or advertising is preferred. Previous experience in the A/E/C industry is a significant plus.
- Excellent English language and writing, communication, and organizational skills. This involves an ability to take technical concepts and translate them into concise and clearly written text. An attention to detail and the accuracy of information is of the utmost importance.
- Positive attitude with an ability to adapt to shifting priorities and be resourceful. Good time management skills to meet client deadlines and manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with staff of all levels of the company.
- Proficiency with preparing multiple section documents in Adobe Creative Cloud or Suite, and particularly InDesign, with a good eye for presentation and graphics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and understanding of html and common website platforms
- A keen personal interest in our business, clients, and projects is highly valued.
Competitive salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. Charles Rose Architects is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, age, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and work samples via the link provided. No calls please.
Our office is an easy walk from the Red Line at 115 Willow Avenue in Somerville, MA.
Apply for Marketing Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly