- Part Time
Program Director, HealthyWomen
HealthyWomen, the nation's leading independent health information source for women, is looking to hire a Program Director (PD) with strong program management skills to help us execute and elevate our work.
The PD is responsible for managing programs from start to completion—including keeping deadlines, processes and budgets aligned. The ideal candidate has a broad knowledge of program management principles (PMP certification a plus); a strategic mindset; experience working directly with clients proactively and successfully managing multiple program activities; and excellent verbal and written communication skills with a range of internal and external stakeholders. Candidate will be responsible for managing and improving program reports.
In addition to managing day-to-day activities for both funded and HealthyWomen-owned initiatives, HealthyWomen’s PD will play a strategic role in ensuring all programs meet established goals and objectives for programs.
HealthyWomen’s PD is also responsible for initiating cross-departmental communication, including the Digital and Communications teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
● Liaise with client and work with internal team prior and during programs to align on key objectives
● Manage internal budget for funded programs, track all program expenses
● Develop program timelines based on proposal tactics/deliverables
● Create client program reports
● Clear communication and reporting on tracking and managing internal budget and invoices on funded programs
● Work with Communications, Policy and Science, Innovation and Technology teams on developing timelines HW-owned initiatives
● Ensure program operations and activities adhere to HW guidelines and policies
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Detail-oriented with keen ability working with numbers in reporting
● Proven background in project management and working with various stakeholders
● Experience working in a for profit corporations, communications agency, or grant-focused setting are a plus
● PMP certification a plus
● Key interest in enhancing organizational efficiency and productivity
● Experience with program management platforms (e.g., Asana) and other products that keep work moving and efficient. (e.g., Google Drive, Dropbox)
● Occasional in-person travel to meetings or events
● Position reports into VP of Development
Position is 32 Hours a week.
HealthyWomen is the nation's leading independent, nonprofit health information source for women. Our mission is to educate and empower women to make informed health choices for themselves and their families. For nearly 30 years, millions of women have turned to HealthyWomen for answers to their most personal health care questions. HealthyWomen provides objective, research-based health information reviewed by medical experts to ensure its accuracy.
Apply for Program Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly