The Random House Group is seeking a Manager to join the Consumer Engagement team, which is the team charged with handling the overall direct-to-reader engagement programs via email and web platforms. The Manager will work with internal and external teams to create targeted, attractive, and compelling consumer-focused emails and web pages regarding Random House books, authors, and content and will manage the continued innovation and development of our digital channels. The role also supports the email programs of Punch and Taste, focusing on consumer engagement and developing audience growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Strategizing and executing Random House, Punch and Taste digital marketing initiatives, including coordinating newsletter editorial / deployment and web update schedule.
* Designing compelling, mobile-friendly email and web pages with graphic and text elements that drive conversion.
* Creating performance reports for the Random House website, including analysis of site user behavior, email acquisition campaigns, sweepstakes, giveaways and social media promotions.
* Collaborating with the Senior Manager to develop new templates and styles as well as other optimizations based on performance patterns.
* Creating A/B test cases for content, subject lines, features and list filtering for segmented sends.
* Utilizing the company database to identify and target customer segments.
* Assisting in the implementation of tracking on digital web properties via vendor pixels, cookies and on-site event detection, including record-keeping for GDPR and other legal compliance.
* Managing digital marketing support requests to ensure timely delivery for the team.
* Coordinating with the Marketing, Publicity, Editorial, Design/UX and IT teams.
* Acting as a leader for digital marketing and IT best practices.Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.