- Full Time
Blue Heron Research Partners is looking to hire researchers in New York who enjoy and have experience conducting interviews to uncover crucial business information on a variety of topics, often involving different technology issues.
Who we are:
Blue Heron is a research firm specializing in providing qualitative due diligence to a wide range of clients. We apply the fundamentals of investigative and business journalism – detailed interviews and meticulous public records searches – to uncover the unvarnished truth about a company, from developments on the factory floor to strategic level reputational and growth prospects.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct extensive outreach and interviews with various sources, gathering business intelligence for institutional investors and corporate clients.
- Find creative solutions when a project has stalled.
- Assist associates as they identify sources.
- Liaise with project managers, editing and sourcing teams.
- Apply all compliance guidelines throughout the process.
Who you are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience in technology trade journalism, B2B reporting or due diligence research.
- You are familiar with tech trends, especially enterprise software applications, and with corporate IT org structures.
- You are comfortable speaking with senior CIO, CISO and engineer/developer sources to discuss tech trends.
- You possess excellent communication skills as well as strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- You thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment and deliver against short deadlines.
- You are patient, persistent and comfortable juggling several projects on different topics.
- You are self-motivated, efficient, and highly organized with excellent planning and time management skills.
- You are flexible and comfortable adjusting the line of inquiry to the changing scope of the project.
- You are naturally curious and can handle a steep learning curve.
- $50,000-60,000, depending on experience.
- Bonus structure based on production.
How to apply:
- Please email resume and cover letter via the link provided with subject line: New York Researcher. If we think you could be a good match, we’ll be in touch to let you know the next steps. Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications we receive for these positions, we are not able to acknowledge every application.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For more information about our company please visit https://www.blueheronrp.com.
Apply for Researcher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly