Marketing Programs Contractor
Library Journal (LJ) and School Library Journal (SLJ) are looking for a seasoned marketing services resource to support client marketing programs sold into the school and public library market. Working in tandem with our VP of Sales, the Marketing Programs Contractor will establish and execute an effective sales enablement program, supervise the creative process for all client programs—from pre-sale planning to post-program reporting—and guide a team of internal resources and freelancers in the development and execution of all program elements. In addition, the Marketing Programs Contractor will create & execute integrated content marketing campaigns to acquire new advertisers/sponsors and support renewal selling.
Reporting to the SVP Marketing, the ideal candidate is a service-minded professional with a creative flare that possesses a proven record for planning, creating, and delivering paid marketing programs. The Marketing Programs Contractor will interact with Sales, Marketing, Events, and Editorial.
This position is a 9-month term of project contract position.
- Establish an effective sales enablement program to support sales efforts. Streamline processes, articulate our program & service capabilities, create value propositions, and develop sales collateral such as pitch decks, sales presentations, media kits, brochures, sell sheets, etc. Refine the articulation of value proposition and pricing for content and other services.
- Oversee the project management and facilitate execution of all sold services. Run client projects from start to finish, and liaising with clients to keep them informed. Develop detailed project plans to ensure projects are on time, within budget, ad executed with fidelity, communicate weekly status. Cultivate the creative team (internal & freelance) and oversee ideas and output standards. Manage the development custom content for customers (white papers, advertorials, videos, articles, case studies, infographics, rich media, etc.) and the production workflow for all sold services including branding content, eblasts, ads, etc.
- Create content marketing lead generation campaigns to fill the funnel with advertiser/event sponsor leads for sales. Devise ideas for advertising and promotional campaigns, create customer success stories (case studies, testimonials), and deploy a sustained content marketing campaign that elevates the brand, raises awareness for our services, and drives leads that convert to sales.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 8-10 years of experience. A strong and varied background in client services, marketing services, and program development is preferred.
- Must be a strong project manager and team leader with the ability to work fluently with remote teams and freelancers
In general, the Marketing Programs Contractor must be a strategic & creative thinker with the ability to understand clients’ vision and translate into creative marketing solutions across multiple channels. The candidate must have a strong skill set in delivering marketing services and demonstrate a proven track record with executing plans with fidelity. Candidate must have proven advertising writing skills, understand tone and brand, and be accustomed to accountability for delivering innovative creative assets on deadline and within budget.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills: Superior communication skills are mandatory. Must have outstanding presentation and demonstrated writing skills and be adept at project management and team communication. Must be able to distill large amounts of information into easily digestible pieces for consumption and have a keen ability to adapt messages for audience relevance. Must be able to adapt writing style for channels and be versatile in brand communications.
Excellent organizational ability: Must be detail-oriented, process-driven, able to prioritize own work, set and meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must have the ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time and be able to organize and assimilate information across multiple business units in a succinct manner. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial. History of successfully developing/delivering programs that support company vision, drive customer acquisition, and build brand awareness/sentiment. Outstanding track record of managing large scale projects as evidenced by working with large cross-functional groups/managing multiple vendors and completing projects on time/on budget. Must be able to create and present project briefs/proposal and develop detailed project plans for execution. Must demonstrate skills in managing people, projects and resources.
Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to quickly establish a good rapport with all contacts. Ability to motivate others in order to accomplish objectives and build consensus. Must be able to work with all levels of the organization as well as with content contributors and organizational partners. Must be able to fluently and confidently converse with all levels of the business.
Leadership skills: Must possess excellent leadership skills and ability to partner with internal sales teams and a history of leading/coaching cross-functional teams and championing new concepts and ideas. Must be able to lead, motivate and focus key marketing talent.
Technical Savvy: Must have prior experience with project management software (SmartSheets a plus), reporting tools (Google Analytics), etc. and be knowledgeable of the software and applications involved in the creative and delivery process.
Library Journal is the most trusted and respected publication for the library community. Built on more than a century of quality journalism and reviews, LJ provides groundbreaking features and analytical news reports covering technology, management, policy and other professional concerns to public, academic and institutional libraries. Our hefty reviews sections evaluate 8000+ reviews annually of books, ebooks, audiobooks, videos/DVDs, databases, systems and websites. Our team of library and literary experts communicate with our audience through print, digital and live content and continuously strive to stay on the cutting edge of the ever-evolving world of libraries.
School Library Journal is the premiere publication for librarians and information specialists who work with children and teens. A source of quality journalism and reviews for more than 60 years, SLJ produces award-winning features and news coverage on: literacy, best practices, technology, education policy and other issues of interest to the school library and greater educator community. We evaluate a broad range of resources, from books and digital content to databases, in 6000+ reviews published annually.
Apply for Marketing Programs Contractor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly