Manager, Strategic Partnership Marketing
Location: Universal City, California
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Branding, Digital Marketing, Social Media
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Establish strong working relationships with partners and properties within the NBCUniversal Comcast rich portfolio of brands (broadcast and cable networks, digital properties, theme parks, film studios and Comcast/Xfinity) to develop and execute multi-platform promotional support for NBC’s priority shows. Execute promotional support/campaigns that NBC Entertainment can contribute to other NBCU Comcast priorities companywide (e.g. Film launches, new Theme Park attractions, Xfinity products, Cable programming, Digital platforms etc.).
Part of NBC Entertainment Marketing, the Brand Marketing Department is responsible for planning, executing and monitoring marketing plans and campaigns to drive multi-platform viewership throughout the entire lifecycle of NBC brands and franchises. The department is also responsible for the marketing initiatives and internal and external partnership activities that reinforce and elevate the overall NBC Entertainment Brand.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategic Partnership Marketing, the Manager of Strategic Partnership Marketing will be responsible for supporting the outreach, procurement and execution of cross company marketing initiatives with internal NBCUniversal Comcast partners (such as Universal Pictures, E!, Bravo, and more) to add incremental reach and visibility for NBC Entertainment’s shows and brands. This NBCU/Comcast cross-company collaboration and support of each business unit’s priorities is called Symphony. The role will execute select external partner relationships to extend our brand. Specifically:
Work with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnership Marketing to execute NBC Entertainment’s cross-company (Symphony) priorities across NBCU partnersIn partnership with the Senior Director, work internally with the Brand Marketing team on Symphony priorities to gain a thorough understanding of key NBC shows to develop briefs for partners about shows including goals, strategies, targets and relevant insights; monitor the show and campaign activity to adapt Symphony plans and ideas, and in turn inform partners to optimize planning and executionCoordinate outreach to each NBCU/Comcast partner, introducing them to NBC’s priority shows, gain an understanding of what they can offer, and ensure ongoing follow upDeliver assets in a timely manner and confirm that partners have what they needCollaborate with internal NBC cross-functional teams on fulfillment of support plans including development and delivery of video, digital, print assets and merchandise, event coordination and moreConsistent communication with partners providing relevant project/show status updates and manage ongoing internal and external approvalsResponsible for executing with key NBCUniversal partners to develop and bring to life each business unit’s support plansImplement multi-platform campaigns/tactics to support partners priorities and ensure execution accordinglyTrack project support through completion; collect documentation of support from partnersSupport development of routine Symphony related presentations and recaps (print, digital, video, speeches) and adapt them for different audiencesSupport execution of Symphony related panels/presentations for corporate meetingsParticipate in calls/meetings where symphony projects are discussed and/or developedWork with the Corporate Symphony team on NBC’s presence in quarterly newsletters, sizzle reels, recapsMaintain annual tracking of support given and receivedCultivate relationships with sister brands and counterparts and execute cross-promotional opportunities between brands year-round; participate in calls/meetings where projects/partnerships are discussed Support Senior Director of Strategic Partnership Marketing on NBC Network and NBCUniversal Comcast initiatives and special projects as necessary
• Minimum 3 years marketing and/or advertising experience, preferably at an agency, or in an entertainment industry, broadcast or cable television environment with thorough knowledge of entertainment brand marketing and advertising and able to project themselves into the minds of the consumer
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice; having a flexible schedule to work is key for this role
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Strong understanding of marketing initiatives as well as competitive landscapes
• Strategic, and creative thinker who can execute multi-platform marketing campaigns including turn-key and custom executions
• Excellent communication, written and problem-solving skills and poised while interacting with a variety of audiences ranging from interns to executive stakeholders
• Proactive, organized and resourceful with solid project and time management skills
• Thorough multi-platform experience among a range of distribution platforms (programming integrations, on-air and off-air media, digital, social and affiliate marketing) and assets (video, print, digital, social, experiential creative); working understanding of show production
• Ability to handle multiple cross-functional projects and relationships simultaneously; ability to prioritize while adhering to strict deadlines
• Highly responsible, self-motivated and able to thrive in an energetic, fast paced environment
• Flexible with an ability to stay focused under stressful circumstances
• Thrives in a team working environment and exhibits a positive, can-do attitude
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote a plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.