- Full Time
The Digital Director plays a pivotal role in the digital transformation of Catalyst. This person will lead the development and implementation of an organization-wide web strategy. As the principal manager of Catalyst’s newly relaunched website, this person will manage the agency relationship and lead site fixes and enhancements while ensuring best practices in user experience, design, and content delivery. This person will supervise the work of one web producer.
Cross functional teamwork will be essential to your success. Mission impact is at the forefront of all we do at Catalyst, and it will be your job to ensure Catalyst has a best-in-class digital experience.
Your Essential Functions
- Serve as the primary lead for strategic web initiatives and digital development projects, including apps. For these initiatives and projects, determine scope and sequence, prepare and deliver project updates and presentations, and ensure that requirements, strategy, and deadlines are met. 25%
- Analyze and leverage data to inform strategic priorities and content decisions. Conduct user needs assessments, audits, and gap analyses. Serve as in-house expert on navigation, user experience design, information architecture, SEO, and analytics. 25%
- Serve as development and strategy lead with web agency, managing and prioritizing implementation of site fixes and enhancements. 25%
- Ensure adherence to style across website. Conduct periodic audits to evaluate compliance. Clearly communicate best practices with users and editors, and schedule and conduct training for new and existing employees. 15%
- Contribute to other digital work related to communications strategy, ensuring that Catalyst’s complete digital footprint is unified and coherent. 10%
Your Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile-first and responsive design principles, information architecture, visual design, and user experience.
- Well versed in web publishing and social media platforms.
- Creative thinker with a vision for how to build the best experience for Catalyst website users.
- Superior communication ability.
- Meticulous attention to detail, project management experience, and high standards for quality.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, balancing competing priorities, and working as part of a team.
- Ability to perform with excellence and respond rapidly under tight deadlines.
- Need to accommodate time zones outside NY office hours and work.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced study or degree a plus.
- Five to seven years related work experience in a digital communications and/or web project management role.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via the link provided with “Digital Director” in the subject line. Only applications with cover letters will be considered. Due to the large number of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for Digital Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly