Director of Audience Development, PUNCH + TASTE
- Full Time
PUNCH, an online magazine about drinks and drinking culture, and TASTE, an online magazine about food culture and home cooking, both of which are published in collaboration with Penguin Random House, are looking for an organized, strategy-minded and highly creative individual to help lead audience development. The ideal candidate can straddle a line between editorial and digital marketing with ease, and will thrive in a collaborative, self-starting environment.
The Director of Audience Development will be in charge of managing social feeds, newsletter growth and site analytics for both brands, and will work closely with PUNCH and TASTE’s new business lead and partnerships manager on partner campaigns.
- Establish and manage a growth strategy for Facebook, Instagram and new platforms for both brands.
- Establish and manage a community engagement strategy for Facebook, Instagram and new platforms for both brands.
- Establish a vision and creative growth strategy for each brand’s already robust newsletter program, in collaboration with the Penguin Random House newsletter team.
- Help maintain a consistent voice for each brand on social platforms.
- Work closely with PUNCH and TASTE’s editorial teams and art director to create original and highly creative social content that aligns closely with the brands’ ethics.
- Collaborate with PUNCH and TASTE’s business team on partner campaigns.
- 3+ years experience in social media management / audience development, with a robust list of contacts within media and the brand side.
- Proficiency in Facebook Business Manager, Hootsuite (or other), Photoshop and InDesign.
- Familiarity with analytics programs such as Google Analytics and Omniture.
TO APPLY, please send a resume and cover letter via the link provided.
PUNCH is a James Beard Award-winning online magazine covering contemporary drinking culture in all of its complexity. On PUNCH, you’ll find more than 1,000 cocktail recipes and dozens of reviews and city guides, but you’ll also find personal essays, rich photojournalism and feature stories that tackle everything from gender inequality to cultural appropriation to sustainability. Our goal is not only to help our readers drink better, but to drink smarter.
TASTE is an online magazine reported from the frontlines of today’s quickly moving food culture. America is a diverse place, and home cooks of all backgrounds are drawing from a wide range of cultures. Fish sauce, za’atar, chipotle, kimchi—these are the ingredients of the modern pantry, and they inform how we cook. TASTE publishes stories that celebrate and explore this evolution, be it through reported features, personal essays, fist-shaking opinion columns and stories that bridge travel and the home kitchen.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking and Vintage, among others.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.