Executive Editor, The Tylt
- Full Time
The Tylt’s executive editor has a deep understanding of the news cycle. The individual in this role is able to react to the news without being reactionary and can lead a team to do the same. This position will collaborate with and lead the editorial team - comprised of writers, editors, audience engagement and media production - through daily content development, production and strategy. The executive editor should have a deep understanding of how information spreads on the web. S/he views social production as equal to proprietary editorial production, and has a deep understanding of how disparate digital communities function and the tone required to communicate within them.
Most importantly, this is a leadership position. The individual in this role must be a motivator of people, and will have experience in effective team management, support and growth. The executive editor will lead the team's production; ensuring quality and quantity. Work should be error free, concise, accurate and tailored for different audiences/mediums. This position will help Tylt editors through their own professional development to exceed their own expectations.
The executive editor is expected to work with other facets of the organization. S/he will be a liaison between editorial, product, engineering, data, marketing, business development and any senior level managers. The individual in his role is expected to work collaboratively to help propel the Tylt forward.
- BS or BA in journalism and/or media publishing
- 3+ years management experience
- 5+ years in media environment, preferably at high-volume publisher
- Deep experience with social media
- Passion for media, specifically how technology can be leveraged to diversify and strengthen an audience's engagement with content
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- PR / brand development experience a plus
- Highly Detail oriented
- Drive strategy in editorial and social production
- Effective management of team
- Development of leaders internally
- Creatively adapt content and proactively recommend new publishing strategies
- Experiment with new models of social publishing
- Proactively identify editorial trends and adopt strategy accordingly
- Analyze internal social metrics and create actionable strategies to optimize performance
- Translate on and off-site viewership metrics into social publishing strategies