- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is looking for a Senior Editor to join our SportsTravel division. SportsTravel’s print and digital products and events are the go-to resource for high-level decision makers in the sports-event industry. This influential audience includes national governing bodies, sanctioning organizations, college athletic conferences, professional teams and leagues, and youth sports organizations who depend on SportsTravel to help determine event locations, select venues, book hotel accommodations and build relationships to organize their events.
The Senior Editor will provide digital, online and print coverage of the sports-event industry for SportsTravel’s magazine, website, social media channels and at live events. The ideal candidate has 3-5 years’ experience reporting and editing for a magazine or travel publication, can multitask and is a team player. SportsTravel is a business-to-business publication and does not require daily deadline reporting from live sports events.
This full-time role is based in our office in Los Angeles, California, however, home-based candidates will be considered.
- Tracks trends within the sports-event industry
- Researches and writes latest news and feature stories for website, print and social channels and oversees the Bid Bowl section
- Assembles weekly e-newsletters for SportsTravel, Bid Bowl, EsportsTravel
- Posts latest news items to SportsTravelMagazine.com
- Establishes schedule for social media posts, monitors and posts social media items to SportsTravel social media channels
- Provides editorial support for and assists in content development for SportsTravel’s live events
- Attends industry meetings, press conferences, sports events, press trips, awards dinners and other events to report on them and represent the magazine
- Perform other related duties as directed and/or required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilitites:
- Must be capable of reporting with absolute accuracy and writing compelling articles coherently on deadlines
- Must have strong researching, interviewing, writing, editing and networking skills
- Must have interest in and/or familiarity with sports at all levels, including esports
- Must be willing to moderate panels and speak at live events
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Word Press
- Prefer additional proficiency in InCopy and Photoshop
- Must be willing and available to travel
Related work Experience:
- 3–5 years' reporting and editing experience on a magazine or travel publication
Formal Education or Equivalent:
- College degree or equivalent required
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, Journalism or Sports Management preferred
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.