Audience Development Manager - News Website & Magazine
1 day left
- Full Time
Audience Development Manager
Top editorial news site is looking for an experienced Audience Development Manager. The ideal candidate is equal parts content marketing/ audience development/ and social whiz. You will be responsible for increasing traffic, raising the brand’s profile, building a loyal following on various social media networks, and marketing our content products. A passion for news and politics, an obsession with social media, an aptitude in content curation, and experience in audience development and engagement are key.
You will not be merely posting social links — you will manage content and distribution strategy across the website, mobile, app, social, email, and a myriad of platforms (AMP, Facebook IA, Google Newsstand, Apple News, Youtube, etc.). Success will be measured by the ability to grow audience, brand relevance, maintain the health of the brand and exceed revenue goals.
What You’ll Do
- Develop — and execute content marketing strategy to generate website traffic and boost user engagement on all platforms
- Develop and execute creative programming for NR’s social channels that meet the editorial, marketing, and advertising goals of the brand
- Define and report on our audiences and how we can drive them across all of our offerings, i.e. how does our YouTube channel tie to our site, and how do our podcasts tie to our video & events etc?
- Manage the execution of all social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, plus emerging platforms)
- Spearhead new strategies to grow audience development across channels
- Identify and develop partners for traffic swaps, events, & syndication
- Manage NRPLUS social imprint and assists with other NRPLUS-related developmental projects
- Use analytics and data to inform and improve decision making. Use external/internal data platforms (e.g. Google Analytics, etc.) to analyze data and determine long term strategies
What You Have
- 3+ years of marketing/audience development experience in digital publishing &/or media agency - news and/or politics background preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or another digital media field preferred
- Provide visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis & data, creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution
- Possesses a deep understanding of analytics and data (knowledge of Facebook Insights, Google Analytics, SocialFlow and similar programming/reporting tools are a must)
- Is comfortable working across many teams, including production, editorial, marketing, sales
National Review has been America's paper of record for conservative fact and opinion since 1955. NR’s detailed analysis and commentary on news, politics, current events, and culture is delivered across multiple platforms, including print and digital.
Some Perks & Benefits of Working at National Review:
- Competitive salary and health-care packages
- Annual bonus plan
- 401K contribution
- Remote Summer Fridays
- Generous paid time off
Candidates must reside in the Greater NYC area as the position is based in Midtown Manhattan.
To Be Considered:
Please email cover letter & resume
Place ‘NR Audience Development Manager 2019’ in the subject line. In your cover letter please answer the following question: National Review was founded in what year?
Apply for Audience Development Manager - News Website & Magazine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly