The Technical Director plays a lead role of the live control room team. TD is responsible for operation of technical equipment and systems for live broadcast. Provides support to scheduled programing and breaking news productions. Works with producers, directors and crew to ensure all aspects of the production runs smoothly. Operate video switcher and associated equipment as required. Responsibilities: Work with producer, director and technical staff to satisfy production needs for a variety of live and recorded studio programsPerform other duties determined by the Operations Department, including filling-in for other technical positions as neededBuild and organize switcher effects, snapshots, transitions, macros and specialty wipesHelp provide solutions for studio, and control room production needs Test and prepare television technical operations systems and equipment for useWork closely with Operations Management and Engineering to ensure all equipment is meeting clients’ expectationsAbility to carry out both Director/TD responsibilities for certain assigned showsBasic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Two (2) years of experience in TV studio production as a Technical Director
- General understanding of all aspects and duties of a level 1 technician, including: Stage Managing, Studio Camera, Teleprompter, Lighting, Video Tape Playback, Video Shading, Audio
- Experience directing live shows
- Proficient in operation and building of effects on Sony & tricaster switchers
- Proficient in live studio and remote program operations
- Proficient in INEWS or similar newsroom management system
- Team player with excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.