These positions are project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 60 days, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are complete. Role Purpose
The Technical Logistics Assistant is responsible for supporting logistical operations related to the Tokyo Olympic Games.We are looking to hire individuals with various levels of experience from entry to experienced in the areas of logistics and production.Responsibilities Warehousing logistics and facility material handling, picking, packing and shipping, moving equipment pallets, boxesSupport Technical Logistics department with asset tracking and controlAssist with pulling and staging technical and non-technical equipment and production supply ordersAssist with shipping and receiving mail, packages and freight.These activities may include loading/unloading trucks, material handling, and prepping/wrapping/strapping equipment for shipping.Assist with inventorying by working on PC and scanning technical equipmentAssist with security screening goodsAssist with receiving supplies and tracking purchase ordersPhysically demanding position, must be able to lift at least 50 poundsSupport all customers with a high level of service and supportAdditional responsibilities include breaking down boxes, trash removal, and assist with general housekeepingBasic Qualifications
- College Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum one (1) years’ experience as a utility, gaffer, grip, production assistant or related
- Knowledge of television equipment preferred
- Basic knowledge of broadcast or production logistics or related preferred
- Must be computer proficient in Microsoft Windows
- Must satisfy background check requirements
- Must be able to operate forklift or other MHE, training provided if necessary
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:)
- Willingness to work overtime and must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in Monroe, CT and/or Stamford, CT
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Possess a high level of initiative, strong customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience working a prior Olympic Game or large scale event requiring the movement of technical and production related equipment
- Prior experience/knowledge of material handling equipment including forklifts
- Must be a team player
- Must be detail and deadline oriented
- Must have a strong work ethic
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.