The Digital Operations Coordinator will work in tandem with the Olympic Operations team as well as the Olympic Digital team on managing tasks pertaining to the 2020, and 2022 Olympic games. Tasks include but are not limited to; attending internal planning meetings, tracking follow up action items, extensive database management in regards to facilities, digital manpower, and all aspects of logistical planning in preparation of and through the conclusion of the Tokyo and Beijing Olympic Games. PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated end date of mid-March 2022; unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed
ResponsibilitiesAssist with communicating important travel and work location information to travelers and Stamford based Olympic Staff. In addition, prepare Games Time personnel with appropriate equipment, resources, credentials and suppliesWork with the Olympic Operations team as well as the Digital team in long term planning: tracking and execution on all incoming and outbound documentation (production plans and facility requirements)Work closely with Director of Olympic Operations organizing hotel allocations as well as transport and catering schedulesAssist and support the Digital team’s recruitment effort with support via internal databaseInitiate and maintain relationships with vendors and personnel, while serving as a main point of contact throughout the Olympic on-boarding processAbility to quickly learn and navigate several internal processes, procedures and database systems – will interact closely with Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Payroll and FinanceAct as a day-to-day liaison between multiple teams (Including Games Event Management, Engineering, Production and Studio teams)Basic Qualifications:
- Excellent organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Proven ability to assess priorities, adapt to a face-paced live broadcast environment and take direction from multiple people
- Innate assertiveness as well as strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office suite environment, desktop publishing and ability to master in-house database systems (strong administrative skills are key, CRM experience beneficial)
- Willingness to work long hours, weekends and overnight shifts (during Games Time) as needed
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Position is based in Stamford, Connecticut. Willingness to travel if applicable
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- 3 years minimum Production coordination experience in television, live or corporate events
- Ability to effectively and quickly problem solve and handle stressful and time sensitive situations
- Ability to build relationships across diverse departments is key to having success with those departments
- College Degree preferred
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
Sports & Olympics
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.