Network News Reporter
Location: Miami, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Report (research, write, produce, present) fair and accurate stories as assigned daily to air in Noticiero and if needed news segments in Un Nuevo Dia or Midday newscastGather and verify news information and preparing for presentation on air, on line and for mobileActively participate in daily editorial meetings with story pitches of interest to our viewersDevelop and maintain contacts with community, political leaders and activists and key figuresDevelop enterprise and exclusive contentCollaborate with producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write and produce storiesGenerate a wide variety of story ideas, research and set up the content and interviewsGather and verify information through interviews, observation and researchCommunicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news storiesIncorporate social media into the reporting routineStay informed regarding current events on a national, international and regional levelWorks under the direct supervision of the Sr Director of News Gathering and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
The Network News Reporter will be responsible for presenting story ideas from the region that are of interest to Hispanics.
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a television reporter
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent work experience
• BI-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal
• Proven experience presenting stories on air in a professional manner during pre-packaged reports and live interviews
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• A basic understanding of desktop computers, iNews and learn systems as implemented
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be able to provide references from previous employers if requested
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays, weekends, and natural disaster emergencies.
• Must be willing to travel as needed, sometimes on short notice.
• Proven solid writing skills and editorial judgment
• Effective self-starter with the proven ability to generate and produce news stories and enterprise stories
• Strong understanding of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel and slander
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Creative and highly organized
• Detail oriented
• Knowledge of non-linear editing and shooting workflow
• Experience being actively engaged in editorial processes and meetings
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.