Auto Reporter, CNBC Digital
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Function: Marketing & Communications
Specialty: Digital Marketing, Web Production
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Generating story ideas, breaking news and cultivating sources at high levels in the executive suites of the companies, labor unions, legal and investment communities.Covering breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.Covering auto earnings, corporate finance and other investment news that matters to our core readers.Writing long-form features, investigative projects, executive profiles as well as some video scripts.
CNBC Digital is looking for an auto reporter to cover the industry’s biggest and hottest carmakers, focusing on Ford, General Motors, Fiat Chrysler and Tesla in the U.S.
The ideal candidate will be able to juggle both breaking real-time news as well as long-form features and executive profiles. It’s a demanding and expansive beat with news that spans the globe and requires a reporter who can also stay on top of the latest happenings in Europe or Asia while breaking news and covering trends in autonomous driving and electrification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• At least 5 years experience as a beat reporter or editor, preferably with experience covering the automotive, manufacturing or technology industries.
• Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
• A collaborative demeanor as well as experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
• The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
• Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends when necessary.
• Must be highly motivated, extremely organized, detail-oriented, and possess outstanding communication skills.
• BA or college-level equivalent.
• Experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
• Passionate about internet storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment.
• Ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
• Knowledge of television production process is helpful.
• Solid understanding of web standards, design and usability.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
About CNBC: With CNBC in the U.S., CNBC in Asia Pacific, CNBC in Europe, Middle East and Africa, CNBC World and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.