Responsibilities: Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations managementAbility to proficiently operate Cammate Jib, stedicam and hand-held cameras equally as dictated by productions demandsAssist in maintaining all of the above cameras and rigs in good working orderIn coordination with the Director, create and offer visually interesting and varied subject shotsWillingness and ability to train others as needed for back-up purposesThis is a part-time role; 24 hours per week (3 days a week)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience required.
- Two (2) years of experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred, with related camera operator experience required
- Knowledge of Cammate Jib & stedicam rigs along with Ikegami HD cameras
- Ability to identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues with equipment and set up
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs. depending on stedicam rig and set / strike studio gear
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Ability to travel as required
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
- With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Teleprompter, Video Playback, Video Shading)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.