Vice President, PMO, Direct-to-Consumer
Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Planning & Strategy
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Building out a project plan for the D2C business deliverables as well as creating the project planning infrastructure and program governance for the broader D2C teamEnsuring projects are delivered on time and budget, while identifying key stakeholders and ensuring needs are understood and metProviding overall program management leadership and support to various D2C executive stakeholders and top priority initiativesManaging and guiding the D2C project management team, with a focus on growing the project management discipline within the organizationProviding oversight and feedback to the project management team on their specific projects, identifying project risks and multiple mitigation strategies to ensure successful project executionCommunicating to the broader D2C organization as well as to other parts of the company on overall program status, critical deliverables, changes to plans, etc.
The VP, Project Management in the Direct-to-Consumer group will be responsible for overseeing strategic projects and programs that support key business priorities for NBCUniversal’s Direct-to- Consumer (D2C) business. She/he will lead a project management team that oversees various initiatives that align with the company’s D2C strategy and product plan. This will involve working across multiple disciplines and with multiple business groups across the company, including product, marketing, sales, content, operations, data, tech, and distribution. The VP, Project Management will be responsible for establishing best in class project management practices inclusive of project planning, scoping, timelines, communication matrices, and close out/launch processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in a Project Management role in the media and entertainment industry with strong knowledge of streaming video, display, mobile, audience and inventory platforms
• Strong leadership skills combined with significant experience managing a team
• An understanding of the media landscape including insight on current market trends, social platforms, ad serving platforms, digital content distribution landscape, and data
• Strong executive-level communication and presentation skills
• Results-focused, with the ability to lead/direct/influence conversations amongst a dynamic stakeholder group and drive consensus
• An attention to detail while reviewing project deliverables for completeness, quality, and compliance with established project requirements
• Ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts for a variety of audiences
• Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and negotiate resolutions to complex problems
• Extensive multi-tasking capabilities in a highly dynamic environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.