Part Time Writer - Boston
Location: Newton, Massachusetts
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
- Assist producers in all aspects of the production of daily newscasts with a focus on writing.
- Write stories as assigned by producers, including readers, voice-overs, VO/sots, and anchor packages- Apply news judgment while researching a variety of news sources and materials for stories and graphics creation- Identify and utilize best video and soundbites for the stories assigned
- Work with the editors to maximize use of video and ensure accuracy
- Assist producers and reporters with research, creation of graphics and all aspects of final production (supers, lead-ins, timing, etc.)
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Ability to work any of a 24/7 shift, holidays, weekends and respond to breaking news events.
- Must be willing to work at the station in Newton, MA.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Previous news writing experience is preferred
- Bachelor's degree required
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and set priorities a must
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.