- Full Time
Digiday Media is looking for an experienced reporter to chronicle how the retail industry is changing with the advent of digital for a new publication covering the reinvention of retail.
- Pitch, report and write features and daily pieces on how retailers are adapting to the world of digital
- Cover major retailers including Target, Walmart and other big-box stores to figure out how they’re adapting to technology
- Write about the growth of Amazon, as well as other e-commerce giants and how that is affecting the retail industry
- Cover the marketing strategies of direct-to-consumer brands, how brands are modernizing in-store retail and the globalization of retail
- Write about how platforms like Snapchat and Facebook enable commerce and transform payments
- Help shape the perspective, voice and coverage of a new publication that aims to unpack the change that’s reshaping the retail industry for those on the front lines
- Three to five years of business reporting and writing experience
- A willingness to pick up the phone and cultivate a network of sources in the industry
- An interest in retail and the trends that drive this industry
- Role requires final candidate to be in the Digiday Media New York office five days a week
Working at Digiday Media
Digiday Media is a fast-growing and ambitious modern media company. Our reporting is honest, truthful and jargon-free, and aims to create real change in the media and marketing industries. We mix high-quality journalism with thoughtful analysis –– and we have a lot of fun along the way. We also have a roster of high-profile events around the world that bring together executives from all corners of the industry. This is a company for ambitious, self-starting individuals who want to work in a fast-paced and creative environment.
In addition to a cover letter and resume, please send three ideas for reported stories that could appear in Digiday, along with sources you would contact for them.