As an Editorial Operations Associate, you will be responsible for aiding several hundred independent contractors resolve \ technical or other issues that may impede their ability to update, edit, or create content. You will use your strong communication skills to translate technical terms for everyday uses and to help manage the flow of information between staff and contractors.
About Your Contributions:
- Answer questions and resolve technical issues raised by independent contractors in a timely fashion
- Accurately and efficiently assess problems submitted to Expert Support, determine if the problems can be resolved independently or escalate as needed
- Define and diagnose CMS bugs for resolution by product and internal development team
- Test fixes for issues and bugs as well as new features in beta prior to release to end users in production. Ensure results fit with end users’ needs and requirements
- Create and regularly update documentation around current issues and bugs to keep Independent Contractor and staff aware
Create and regularly update processes and documentation around tasks like contract terminations, content updating, and more
- Exceptional troubleshooting and communication skills
- Strong writer, capable of translating technical prose into easy-to-understand documentation
- Working knowledge of HTML, email and browser, network and ISP and operating systems
- Proficient with of MS Office and/or Google Docs
- Understanding of common social media and internet trends
- Familiarity with online publishing (such as blogging and content creation)
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor and entrepreneurial energy, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.