Senior UX Interaction Designer
- Full Time
Working closely with a cross-functional team to assess product requirements, create interfaces based on user-centered design models that will be translated into user-interface interaction documentation that promote ease of use and a positive user experience
This person is metric sensitive and understands that success is based on meeting both customer behavior and revenue goals.
Their portfolio must demonstrate a depth of experience with emphasis on user-interface design for digital applications, including complex data-driven web sites and multi-screen applications, with mobile experience needed.
They must be able to translate their interaction design concepts across platforms to show the appropriate degree consistency while respecting the unique interactions associated with the platform.
They will assist in development of a user interface design style guide that incorporates the interaction design elements used across product user interfaces, and conceive, document, and evangelize user experience principles and standards company wide.
Is able to articulate and execute a strategic vision through the use of documentation, presentations, internal/external relationships, and prioritization.
They will aid in the mentoring of non-senior UX Interaction Designers.
- Develop a deep understanding of our target customers and business needs by assisting in user research activities, including persona development and evangelism, heuristic evaluation, and usability reviews.
- Lead the assessment of competitive user experiences. Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage based on findings.
- Examine web analytics to inform user interactions and designs.
- Must establish collaborative working relationships with product, design, content, and development team members to ensure we deliver a highly usable product that generates positive business return.
- Facilitate user scenario planning and tasks with the Product team.
- Lead the translation of business requirements into simple, highly usable, and compelling interface layouts; defining how the user interacts with site functionality. Create (and lead the development of) comprehensive site maps, user flows, wireframes, and interactive mock-ups/prototypes (lo/high fidelity).
- Integrate personas/segmentations with related deliverables.
- Ensure the consistency of the overall user interface and individual components can be extended and reused.
- Collaborate with technical teams to determine data accessibility and understand technology constraints/advantages for the design structure to ensure products meet performance, scalability, and reliability goals.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact/facilitator for User Experience on assigned projects.
- Facilitate the visual design and content to ensure best user experience through refinement of the user interface in the detailed visual design phase and translate it for application development using a comprehensive graphical user interface specifications document. Ensure developers understand specifications document.
- Identify opportunities to create business value and improve the user experience based on research. Organize opportunities into compelling matrices.
- Able to conduct formal/informal usability testing. Synthesize findings from usability/heuristic evaluations into actionable improvements. Take recommendations back into the product process.
- Support usability testing by creating working prototypes.
- Provide interactivity expertise and recommendations for existing designs; small projects and/or 3rd party initiatives.
- Create and support the information architecture of navigation, content, etc.
- Experience in designing for mobile devices. Responsive design experience a plus
- Identify strategic opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Estimate, plan, and lead projects into a highly usable solution, track progress according to plan.
- Design navigational schema based on user needs, content models, and technical constraints.
- Champion user needs and product usability while balancing business and technical constraints.
- Articulate rationale behind interface decisions and how to prioritize interface features.
- Assist in the ongoing definition of Manheim’s evolving user experience standards in the interactive space.
- Identify tools, templates, and techniques that evolve existing processes.
- Excellent oral, written, and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
- Must be an expert in user-centered design methods, techniques, and principles.
- Ability to arrange and conduct informal and formal usability tests.
- Project experience in working with teams on large scale, long-term projects.
- Proven ability (portfolio required) to produce user experience documentation: storyboards, user scenarios/tasks, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Ability to develop network/system architecture diagrams a plus.
- Proficient to expert use of software tools: Axure/IRise ,Visio/OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and MS Office applications.
- Must have an interest in human beings, how they think, their behaviors and limitations. You should be able to think like our users.
- Ability to establish user experience methodology, processes, estimates, and deliverables for a project.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Group facilitation experience required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Superb organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects varying in size and complexity, prioritizing time and tasks as needed to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Be able to make intuitive leaps to appropriately hypothesize product design solutions.
- Be able to understand the big picture along with expert attention to fine detail.
- Be able to convincingly articulate ideas and rationale across the company, including the executive suite.
- Experience in client services and negotiating business decisions.
- Able to deal with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of what’s possible in the digital space.
- Avid learner. Stays up to date on latest trends and research in product design, SEO, and web/mobile technologies.
- Must be able to work individually with minimal supervision/mentoring, and as a team.
- Ability to work across multiple internal business units and companies.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility services. The global company’s 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.