Assistant/ Photo Researcher
- Full Time
Position: Assistant/ Photo Researcher
Location: New York
Job Type: Full-Time
ESSENTIAL DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist with the day-to-day administrative duties of a busy and demanding sales team. Tasks include but are not limited to invoice/order set up/revision, team calendar management, celebrity/model research, image research, and database management
• Liaise with other internal offices/teams on behalf of the Licensing Agents - Archiving, Research, Legal and Trunk Archive international offices
• Research online image archive to create selections for the sales Agents to fulfill specific client requests
• Research online image archive for themed client mailings/promotions
• Research fashion/style/grooming credits and publication information for clients and image caption records
• Handling of model or property release clearances. Contacting and negotiating with talent agencies and home/property owners
• Management of in-house publication library
• Set up and maintain client database and company accounts
KNOWLEDGE + EXPERIENCE
• Knowledge of the print and online publishing industry a must
• Love of photography, a familiarity with visual culture and creative eye
• Desire to work in sales and an ability to learn quickly and adapt to a growing company
• Must be a team player
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A natural tendency to take initiative
• Superior organizational skills and follow through
• An ability to follow direction, as well as take a leadership role on projects
• Independently driven to focus on tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle a high volume of work with speed and accuracy under tight deadlines
• Extensive knowledge of pop culture (fashion, movies, music, blogs, etc.)
• Must be versed in MAC environment and be proficient in related software
• A strategic approach to the research process
• Dedication, creativity and a strong work ethic are a must
Benefits plans which include the following:
• Medical, Dental, Vision
• FSA/DCA – Flexible Spending and Dependent Care
• Basic Life Insurance, AD&D, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability
• Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer match (after 1 year of employment) • Commuter Benefits (Transit Check and/or Parking) – both of which you are eligible to join on the first day of employment)
No calls please, only candidates under consideration will be contacted
Please email all resumes and cover letters. Candidates without resumes will not be considered, cover letters are preferred not required.
Trunk Archive is a unique, curated, online archive of highend contemporary photography.
We represent established photographers, estates and corporate archives with the most influential and engaging images of the 20th century. We license artwork to publishing houses, brands, creative agencies, commercial and editorial clients, providing an exceptional service tailored to their specific needs.
Trunk Archive employees are passionate about photography, have an appreciation for all forms of artistic expression and are intelligent, creative thinkers with a strong work ethic. The ideal candidate will have an interest in fashion, celebrity, beauty and the print/digital photography industry.
The company seeks individuals who thrive in a collaborative environment, have the ability to multitask and can quickly adapt to a constantly evolving industry.
ABOUT GREAT BOWERY
FOUNDED IN 2015, THIS NEW INTERNATIONAL ENTITY BRINGS TOGETHER THE LEADING AGENCIES IN THE FASHION AND LUXURY IMAGE-MAKING INDUSTRY - UNITING THE MOST RESPECTED EXECUTIVES IN THE FIELD WITH ICONIC TALENT THAT INCLUDES PHOTOGRAPHERS, STYLISTS, HAIR & MAKE-UP ARTISTS, DIRECTORS, CREATIVE DIRECTORS, ART DIRECTORS, CURATORS, DESIGNERS, EDITORS AND OTHER RELATED ARTISTS - CREATING AN AGENCY WITH AN UNWAVERING FOCUS ON ITS TALENT, DELIVERING AN UNPARALLELED CALIBER OF SERVICE AND OPPORTUNITY.
Companies under Great Bowery include Streeters, CLM, M.A.P Ltd, Bernstein & Andriulli, Trunk Archive, and Gallery Stock. Great Bowery's global headquarters is based in the iconic Germania Bank building on the Bowery in New York City with its European headquarters based in London.