Digital Products Brand Manager
- Full Time
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated, collaborative, and forward-thinking Digital Products Brand Manager to join its college Marketing department. Working with the digital brand management team offers regular opportunities to learn, grow professionally, and foster innovation by sharing ideas with colleagues working across departments. This position reports to the Marketing Director of Digital Products. Please note that this position can be based in the New York office or remote.
Essential Job Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and execute marketing plans in coordination and with input from sales and editorial. Advise on discipline specific marketing plans and strategies focused on digital products.
- Coordinate the advertising campaign across print, web, email, and social media with the college advertising group.
- Create marketing materials including handouts, email templates, and videos.
- Review and advise on discipline specific sales materials to ensure consistency across disciplines.
- Working with regional managers, media specialists, and discipline specialists to help train sales representatives on selling Norton’s suite of digital products. Includes webinar presentations and working with reps on campus.
- Plan and execute presentations at Norton’s semiannual sales conference.
- Regularly communicating with the sales force about digital product improvements and updates.
- Managing Norton’s faculty consultant program.
- Competitive market analysis.
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Employment eligibility to work with W. W. Norton & Company in the US is required.
- Textbook sales experience for a minimum of three academic years with strong sales performance across all disciplines and particular success in digital product adoptions.
- Evidence of high proficiency with electronic media and instructional technology.
- Excellent writing, analytical, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of initiative-taking and ability to contribute new ideas.
- Evidence of being collaborative when working with a team.
- Position requires approximately 30% overnight travel for on-campus visits, academic conferences, semiannual sales meetings, and monthly meetings in the New York City office.
W.W. Norton & Company is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton & Company strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years.” In college publishing, that imperative applies not only to books, but also to an ever-growing list of essential print and digital supplements that support teaching and learning.
W.W. Norton & Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.