The Senior Publicist, NBC Sports Group, is responsible for managing and executing communications strategies across the storied portfolio of NBC Sports Group properties and programming. The ideal candidate will successfully generate positive press for the network’s programming, will support various publicity initiatives, and lead certain projects. This position reports into the VP, Communications. Responsibilities Support NBC Sports PR team on the press strategy and execution for NASCAR, INDYCAR, other Motorsports, Olympics, NFL, NHL and Notre Dame Football, among other propertiesWrite and edit/update press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, etc. Attend numerous events, races and assist in the management of on-site proactive and reactive media relationsMonitor telecasts to generate proactive publicity and provide appropriate media services, including transcripts and researchCoordinate media interviews with NBC Sports on-air commentators, producers and executives, as necessaryAs part of NBC Sports Group Communications team and as schedule permits, assist department’s promotion and coverage of big events, including the Olympics, Super Bowl, SNF, Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final, NASCAR Playoffs, Indy 500, etc. Support NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks PR, as neededCoordinate and draft award submissions Assist with management of/proactively pitching speaking opportunities for NBC Sports Group executivesHelp manage and update NBC Sport Group’s press website and corporate biosContribute to building Media Guides, as needed, including the Super Bowl and OlympicsBuild and maintain press listsWork with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, events, etc., as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum six (6) years working in public relations and/or Sports industry
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience writing press releases a strong plus
- Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
- Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and processes a strong plus
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.