The Senior Publicist, NBC Sports Group, is responsible for managing and executing communications strategies across the storied portfolio of NBC Sports Group properties and programming. The ideal candidate will successfully generate positive press for the network’s programming, will support various publicity initiatives, and lead certain projects. This position reports into the VP, Communications. Responsibilities Support NBC Sports PR team on the press strategy and execution for NASCAR, INDYCAR, other Motorsports, Olympics, NFL, NHL and Notre Dame Football, among other propertiesWrite and edit/update press materials, including press releases, bios, talking points, pitches, etc. Attend numerous events, races and assist in the management of on-site proactive and reactive media relationsMonitor telecasts to generate proactive publicity and provide appropriate media services, including transcripts and researchCoordinate media interviews with NBC Sports on-air commentators, producers and executives, as necessaryAs part of NBC Sports Group Communications team and as schedule permits, assist department’s promotion and coverage of big events, including the Olympics, Super Bowl, SNF, Stanley Cup Playoffs and Final, NASCAR Playoffs, Indy 500, etc. Support NBC Sports Regional Sports Networks PR, as neededCoordinate and draft award submissions Assist with management of/proactively pitching speaking opportunities for NBC Sports Group executivesHelp manage and update NBC Sport Group’s press website and corporate biosContribute to building Media Guides, as needed, including the Super Bowl and OlympicsBuild and maintain press listsWork with team members on ad hoc projects, assignments, events, etc., as assignedBasic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism or Public Relations
- Minimum six (6) years working in public relations and/or Sports industry
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Experience writing press releases a strong plus
- Experience using CisionPoint a strong plus
- Understanding of TV Sports industry, ratings, and processes a strong plus
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS GROUP:
NBC Sports Group serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company consists of NBC Sports, NBC Olympics, NBCSN, Golf Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, NBC Sports Regional Networks, NBC Sports Radio and NBC Sports Digital, which includes NBCSports.com, NBCOlympics.com, GolfChannel.com, the digital assets of the NBC Sports Regional Networks, Rotoworld, the NBC Sports Talk franchise, multiple apps, and two transactional sports businesses, GolfNow and SportsEngine. NBC Sports Group possesses an unparalleled collection of television rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Committee, the NFL, NHL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, French Open, and many more.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.