Marketing Director - Harper Perennial/Harper Paperbacks
- Full Time
HarperCollins is seeking a Marketing Director for Harper Perennial and Harper Paperbacks.
- Conceive, develop and execute marketing campaigns.
- Communicate detailed campaign updates directly to editors, publicists, publishers, sales teams, agents, and authors. Present campaigns formally in key meetings.
- Contribute to growth strategy for imprint’s social media accounts.
- Develop a variety of content for campaigns that includes, but is not limited to, sell sheets for reps and accounts, social media post copy and images, infographics, and email copy for consumer facing promotions.
- Oversee the planning, preparation, and agendas for all seasonal sales meetings.
- Coordinate marketing efforts with publicists on each campaign.
- Oversee imprint marketing budget
- Engage in imprint branding efforts and secure title specific as well as imprint-wide cross promotional partnerships with third party brands and companies.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing and improving imprint campaigns—new tools, platforms, partners, outlets, best practices, marketing trends, etc and communicate to department
- Work closely with the HarperCollins sales team to provide support in the form of materials, ideas, communication about developments with our books, retail opportunities, and more.
- Manage members of the marketing team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- At least 7-10 years of hands-on book marketing experience - with increasing levels of responsibility for title marketing and people management
- Experience creating compelling campaigns for nonfiction and fiction titles
- Excellent leadership skills, project management, communication, budget management, organizational, prioritization and presentation skills a must
- Ability to work cross-functionally across the division and within the company and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- A positive, can-do attitude plus possesses the ability to work well with different types of personalities
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills, high level of professionalism, attention to detail, and organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital publishing and book marketing landscape
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media and metadata best practices and how they apply to books as a marketing and sales tool
- MS Office Suite required, Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus
- Passion for reading and the book publishing business
HarperCollins Publishers is a company full of people who are passionate about books. When you apply for a position, we want to know why you want to work here, and why you are interested in the job. That’s why cover letters are strongly preferred.
HarperCollins Publishers is an equal opportunity employer.