- Full Time
The Froebe Group is seeking a full-time Permissions Editor to coordinate academic and higher education publishing projects at its New York office. In addition to managing freelance permissions editors, this individual will work directly with publishers, authors, and production staff. This editor will directly handle time-sensitive projects, including reviewing content to determine permissions requirements, requesting and obtaining reprint licenses for text and images, researching and acquiring art and photos, maintaining records and permissions logs, preparing status reports, and archiving permissions records for future use. Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
- Report to the Director of Editorial and Production
- Create schedules and ensure that all permissions projects remain on schedule
- Analyze manuscripts for permissions/licensing based on publisher guidelines
- Research copyright holders and contact information to secure rights
- Write and copyedit credit lines, acknowledgments, and copyright pages
- Maintain and ensure the accuracy of permissions databases
- Permissions and editorial experience
- Strong knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Detail-oriented; organized; able to set priorities under pressure
- The Froebe Group offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health insurance and paid time off.