- Full Time
Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States, delivering broadband, pay television, telephony services, proprietary content and advertising services to approximately 4.9 million Residential and Business customers across 21 states through its Optimum and Suddenlink brands.
From high-speed broadband and ultra-HD video, to digital advertising solutions, local news and voice offerings, we are making connections possible around the country -- to businesses, to consumers, to communities, to schools, to hospitals, and everyone in between.
Our business-specific, internship program encourages students to put their knowledge into practice while they develop additional skills through experiential learning, team building events and structured feedback sessions. Our goal is to provide today’s talent with the training, exposure and motivation needed to grow into the leaders of tomorrow.
Interns in this role will complete projects related to income tax compliance, reporting, planning, and controversy; Indirect tax compliance, planning, and controversy (sales/use and telecommunications taxes), and special projects (e.g., automation, M&A, due diligence, and regulatory filings). They will support initiatives for both the income and indirect tax departments.
- Completing a bachelor’s, master’s or JD degree between December 2019 and June 2020 with preferred concentrations in Accounting, Tax, or a related discipline
- Ability to quickly understand and interpret business processes
- Strong interpersonal skills to partner with many stakeholders
- Exceptional writing, oral presentation, and reporting skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate information in a clear, precise, and actionable manner to a broad ranges of audiences
- Ability to analyze problems, to probe facts, identify and question assumptions and to assist in the decision making processes
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, both autonomously and on a team and possessing intellectual curiosity
- Experience with automation, strong mathematics and solid analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Interested in pursuing a career as a tax professional
- Takes initiative to undertake tasks
- Advance level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.