- Full Time
***TO APPLY: Respond to this Ad with your resume, writing samples, links, published works, etc. (responses without attached samples will not be considered.)
***Please do not respond if you are a freelance business. We are hiring full time, not 1099's.
This is an on-site full time position 9AM to 5:30PM
- creating/reviewing biographical content in various formats
- but not limited to:
- press releases,
- magazine articles
- biographical narratives for various print publications and online features
- also expected to complete data entry tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate will have prior editing/staff writing experience, demonstrate the ability to read and understand information and present it in a clear and concise manner, and possess the ability to multitask.
• Create and review content for print and online features, keeping in mind the importance of consistency and accuracy in accordance with the Marquis in-house style, and the style specific to each publication
• Copy edit content when needed, tracking changes to be reviewed by the writer and management
• Meet deadlines assigned by editorial managers
• Report to editorial managers on a daily basis, as well as team leads, when appointed
• Bachelor's degree in English, journalism or related field
• 2-5 years of experience in editing/writing
• Superior writing skills, and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Keen eye for detail and command of the English language
• Ability to work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
• Experience with MS Office, especially Word
Since 1899, Marquis Who's Who has remained the standard for reliable and comprehensive biographical data. Each year, we strive to continue the tradition established by our founder, Albert Nelson Marquis, over 119 years ago with the first publication of Who's Who in America. Our suite of publications has proved to be a reliable resource of biographical information for librarians, students, researchers, corporate executives, journalists and personnel recruiters, among others. In addition to our print publications, we recently introduced our patrons to Marquis Biographies Online. Comprised of over one million biographies, Marquis Biographies Online is an expansive database that offers the most up-to-date biographical information and search ability designed to yield quality results. As Marquis Who's Who continues to take steps into the digital world, we are excited to expand our services, thus enabling us to satisfy our patrons' needs.
*Benefits after 60 days (Medical, Dental, Vision)
*PTO and Vacation Time
*Great Editorial Team of 25+
*Free Friday lunches!
*Mon through Thur 9AM-5:30PM
*One hour lunch and two breaks daily