Content & Partnerships Associate
- Full Time
Northstar Travel Group is looking for a driven, self-motivated individual to fill the full-time Associate of Content and Partnerships role in our Costa Mesa, CA office under the Burba Hotel Network (BHN) brand. This person will work alongside the Conference Management Team to coordinate the content and business development aspects of BHN’s hotel investment conferences. Key elements of this role include identifying cutting-edge content concepts, securing speakers, scripting sessions, and working on-site alongside the production team to deliver the live programs. The position is also responsible for generating and growing revenue through sponsorships and delegate acquisition. We are looking for a dynamic, driven, enthusiastic candidate who wants to learn the conference business, has good writing and interpersonal skills, wants to learn and be successful in business development and enjoys the challenge of researching and learning an industry. This job is for someone who wants to dive right in and learn how to develop content for a hotel investment conference while working with companies to maintain and grow sponsorship revenue. It’s a face paced environment where the right candidate will learn all facets of the conference industry.
BHN conferences are designed for the c-suite hotel investment community (developers, lenders, investors, hotel companies, and the supporting real estate advisory community), with the goal of providing learning and an effective place to conduct hotel investment-related business. The job will require domestic and international travel.
* Assist in developing the annual revenue goals for each assigned event, and work diligently to meet or exceed those goals.
* Work with the Manager of Production and Operations, to achieve and exceed conference profitability goals.
* Coordinate Conference program planning meetings including invitations, agenda, on-site execution and all follow-up.
* Communicate on a regular basis with the program planning committee and any appointed conference chair.
* Work with planning committees and any appointed chair to develop program topics, and lists of speakers. Invite/confirm speakers as needed.
* Write/communicate the desired scripting for each session.
* Identify and secure keynote speakers.
* Facilitate all aspects of special committees/award programs.
* Liaison with the Administrative team with regards to registering speakers and collecting conference related collateral and profiles.
* Work with the Administrative team to update and maintain the database of conference speakers, sponsors, and contacts.
* Liaison with the Production and Marketing teams with regards to key features to promote at each event.
* Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop the conference marketing campaign including print and e-media.
* Responsible for renewing existing sponsorships and soliciting new sponsorships.
* Work with Production and Marketing teams to implement all sponsor benefits throughout the conference cycle.
* Identify new sources to reach potential delegates. This could include associations and other member organizations, sponsors and speaker promotion of conference involvement to their data base etc.
* Confer with management team and colleagues to develop growth opportunities.
* Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
* Identify and develop new ideas for the improvement of events to grow sponsorship and attendance.
* Manage customer expectations and contribute to a high level of customer satisfaction.
* Have regular and extensive contact and interaction with associates, senior management, administrative staff, outside vendors, and customers.
* Provide assistance with other product lines and services of the firm that may be added from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Proficiency in use of a computer; use of computerized software programs, including Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; database applications such as Access/Salesforce; and standard email software such as Outlook and Exchange.
· Individual must have a high degree of managerial, financial and time management skills; must be good with numbers and detail oriented
· Strong business acumen and professionalism, excellent customer focus, and outstanding communication skills in all forms
· Critical thinking and organizational skills are a must
· Proficient knowledge and ability to use the internet as a resource for research.
· Knowledge of business correspondence techniques and English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Additional skills in a foreign language, a plus
· Ability to multi-task in an efficient, thorough, and prioritized manner; to work quickly, accurately and under minimal supervision to deliver results against tight deadlines
· Anticipate needs of office so that projects, meetings, and workflow continue uninterrupted and within required deadlines, quickly and efficiently resolving any issues that arise.
· Work with spirit of enthusiasm, teamwork, cooperation, and a sense of urgency.
· Ability to accept constructive criticism and cooperatively work towards improvement.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; to maintain the confidentiality of data; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to have regular and extensive contact and interaction with conference managers, associates, senior management, outside vendors, and customers.
· Ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with members of management, other employees, customers, vendors, and public and private representatives.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
· Undergraduate degree and 1-2 years of related experience preferred. We will consider recent college graduates with the right internship experience.
· A background in the hotel industry is a plus.
Northstar Travel Group is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive compensation package, strong benefits and a dynamic and exciting culture. Check out what our employees have to say: